Which way does yours point? The Quick Connect Debate

Bob Foster

I think it is as old a debate as this one.

wrong03.jpg
right02.jpg

Greenie

He lost me wharn he said 50' sections....

What moron still uses 50' sections?

100' minimum for my first hose.

That runnin' in with the wand all hooked up makes Stanley Steemer look professional by comparison. :shock:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The toilet paper goes over the top outside of the roll so's you won't get feces on the wall if yor finger pops thru......!

and Greenie ...my FIRST section of hose is 75 ' as that is what i pull off NINTY % of the time!

and when you're powered up...yor vac hose will not come undone either.......

jeeeez!

Greenie

well Jeez u old fart, you could go to a hunert footer and just run a live solution reel, and vacuum while you are at it, obviously DRY isn't a concern in your neck of the woods, so enjoy that live reel and RUN with it.

that leaning into the hot solution line while pushing the wand across the room cracks me up to....I knew there was a reason Mikey let you stay round here. 8)

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
most manufactures put a male on the TM, I have always put a female in it's place. This way all your hoses can be set up the same if you don't have a live reel

if you are dragging them across the floor and catching them so they snap apart on things then it sounds that you are a little messed up and backwards

every commercial toilet paper holder you buy will have directions for the paper to unroll over the top

G

I know I did not just hear someone tell him to run a live vaccum line,if so explain that one to me.

Kevin

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
[left:3clq5dtk]Why is this thread centered on each post, instead of left justified?

And BTW, it's male QC on the wand, and female QC on the TM![/left:3clq5dtk]

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I usually use a male on the tool and the machine because its easier to connect a hot ass coupler to a male than a female, but I also have a female on the machine in case I only need a 50 footer. Personal preference is what it should come down to.

TimP

I haven't changed the way mine was set up since I bought it. Male on the TM and male on the wand. I run 100 ft section of lead solution hose and 95% of my runs are that long so I don't worry about solution hoses pulling apart. I carry 250 ft of vac hose and 200 ft of solution on my live reel but I don't use it cause it robs heat. However I do drag my hoses in cause it's too much work to carry them in. I work my way out of the home so it doesn't cause a problem.

Oh and the proper way to put TP on the holder is over the top. The same way you unroll your hoses on your TM's :shock:

Name
steve snail
If the QD were backwards as Mr Sutley does...the female disconnect would catch on every walk paver or step edge that it was pulled over...thus .

hey Rex. drag was the first word that came to my mind.

Rex Tyus

Yea, some of Bawbs ideas or "suggestions" are so outrageous I often think he is just codding everybody. But more and more I am starting to see he is serious :shock: I actually feel bad for him he doesn't know the difference between experience and BAD HABITS. :lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Greenie....if i ran a LIVE vac reel...wouldn't that be like a 600' run every time i cleaned...instead of a 75 footer...lik i do now?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Greenie sez:

"that leaning into the hot solution line while pushing the wand across the room cracks me up to.."

Jeff...i have NO idea WTF you are talking about....i don lean in on any hose...what does that mean?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Male on the machine and tools to minimize the number of males on the hoses, which are too easy to grind on the pavement.

Over the roll, folded, oragami swan.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Tell me how yOuR liNes wolLd FalL ofF under pressure? A well trained ape couldn't disconnect under pressure! At least any chimp i had working for me couldn't do it. They tried, oh yes they tried!

This means you do drag your hoses through the dirt b-4 the truckmount is even started, right?

Jimbo

Male on tool being used...female on end of hose......1st section of hose is 140'...usually no QC's in house...new hose once a year...

if you are leaving a male QC in the house on the end of a hose...you could be creating a safety hazard...if pressure was left on the line...the male qc gets bumped...you'd have scalding hot water spraying out...it would be like having a male end on an electrical cord that was live laying around...just an accident waiting to happen.

Al

Male QD on the tools, female on the high pressure hose, the reason I do this is because the female QD is way more expensive to replace and we have 9 tools on board.

8)

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Good call Al! Plus I use the safety disconnects that have the plastic sleeve on the female QD. That way the end of the hose isnt hot if it touchs anything.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There is no pressure holding the QC together when you have the trigger pressed. If you drag the hose and it hits at that time "under pressure" they will come apart.
Am I the only one this has happened to?

Toilet paper over the top. Every idiot knows that.

Male on the tool, female on the TM.

100' section then 50 footers.

My two 50' vac are permanent to make 100'

I want only one QC in the house... the one on my wand.

100' feet almost always is out the door from the furthest room.

Greenie

I know I shouldn't have to say this....but Just in case some here don't catch the sarcasim and don't know me better, I was jesting about the Live vacuum reel, take note I did say since dry doesn't matter to Bawb, he would be fine with that.

I'm actually surprised at some of the replies.... The double female lesbian hose set ups leave me a bit confused, it must be a bitch to add any ol' hose for longer runs on the fly, It would drive me nuts, they have to be all pointed the same way for universal use.

I don't like the female on the tool for the same reason as Al, and that whole dragging hoses bit isn't a good enough reason for me to want to drag a male Qd, I only see the Apt. whores draggin' 200' of solution line where a male would be better and less likely to catch stuff, different strokes for different folks.

The Qd at the TM is the hottest, the plastic covered SafeConnects work well there.

and... of course the paper rolls over the top, who intentionally does it the other way?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Some QC's have arrows that recommend flow from male to female because fluid flow is less likely to be turbulent in that direction. Not really a problem in the carpet cleaning world.

Look at a drawing of the internals when connected to understand this slight variance.

Thanks,
Lee

ps. "dragging" hoses is a killing offense...

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Well what ever you choose ,use connector protectors,they save which ever end you are using...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Man i wish i had a dollar for each one of yous all that scratched their hED on THIS ONE.....

this is my job........here!

Hahahahahahahhaha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom