White magic pro1200 bogging down

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Maybe two or three times over the last couple of months when I would start cleaning I would here everything bog down and lose vacuum. Lift the wand up a few seconds vacuum returns. It might do that a couple of times before it stops and then I clean as normal.

So I started looking into it a little today. With the machine running if I cover the vac port when the guage gets to about 12 hgs it bogs down. The last time I checked before this started happening the vac relief was set to open at about 14-15 hgs. It did that every time I tried it. I can see the blower and pump belts while I'm covering the vac port and they do not seem to be slipping just everything slows down.

The only thing I can figure is the clutch on the front of the van engine? Any other suggestions?

Ps With all the filter box and blower filter cleaned out but no hose hooked up my hg reading is about 5-6. Does that sound too high or about right?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yes....soap build-up on the end plates of the blower...rinse it out wit CLEAR water..while running!

Believe me, if it were the clutch...you'd know it!

Only other thing would be the belts slippin'.....use Gates green!

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
bob vawter said:
Yes....soap build-up on the end plates of the blower...rinse it out wit CLEAR water..while running!

Believe me, if it were the clutch...you'd know it!

Only other thing would be the belts slippin'.....use Gates green!

So literally dump water into the blower while it's running? Then I assume let it run for a while after and load up with wd40? Is that all there is to it?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I been rising my blowers out for close to 40 years and NEVER have had one go bad.....take the filter off the inlet inside the WT and let fly......half stream at first then go wit a full flow for about 30 secs and let run for a min or two until dry....
i do this EVERY day!

HOWEVER...i'm guessing glazed belts.....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Vacuum pods for speed control.

My cleanco used to do it once in a while.

Or it could be your parking on a slope.

Or the vac relief is sticking.

Spray some wd-40 into the opening and around the spring.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Ok I just flushed it. I put the garden hose to it for a minute or two then ran it for five minutes, then put some wd40 throught the port and let it run another couple of minutes. Still does the same thing. I'll replace the belts tomorrow just to eliminate that for sure but I really don't think it's the belts. I can see them and they are not slipping on the pulleys. It's more like the whole system slows down, van engine and all. I'm not on a slope. The vacuum pod for speed control thing sounds like a possiblity. Is there anyway to verify it's the cause and where is it on the van? By the distributor I assume?

I did spray wd40 on the vac relief and through the ports.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
If you deadhED your vacuum and watch your belts you can tell...jus put new ones on.a streched and lose belt will bogg the blower.....remember Gates "green"

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I had that problem with my Butler a few years ago. It ended up being an electrical problem. I went through all the wiring and found a loose connection on one of the hot wires in a wiring harness.

Farenheit251

Check the black rubber hose tubing going to the control pod under the hood. Slightest leak will do it. Twice I cut about quarter inch off and just reattatched it. Spray a little wd 40 in it while the hose is off.

Spurling

the last time that happened to me , it was the serpentine belt under the hood.. it was worn out .. NAPA sells the good belts.. never happened again since I replaced it.

Greenie

Bawb, splain to my thick skull why a glazed belt would make the blower bog, I would think it would slip!?

This scenario sounds like the vacuum releif isn't....relieving. check that first.

As for the vacuum gauge reading, that is just a measure of resistance in your system, you realy should let that #5 blower breath a little, try uncorking a cap on that tri-hub filter box, run a little 4 to the door action, you won't roast your belts as fast either, and your clutch will thank you.

Do you read in the HP room?

Rex Tyus

Joey, it could be any one of the forementioned situations. Except, the blower build up thing. Foam can be an issue if the tank fills up with it and it sux it through the blower. It is a short lived situation even at that. I hope you were running that thing on low rpm when you "washed" it out. Does you rpm guage rev or drop when the "bog" happens. If it revs it is more like belts or even the unlikely scenario of a clutch problem. If it drops it could be a vac pod, vac relief, or even electrical problem as was mentioned earlier. An electrical problem will also cause clutch problems as well.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I havn't gotten a chance to check out the vac pod or change the belts yet. I probably won't get to it till this weekend. I ran it all day yesterday and today and it did not bog once. I checked out the guage while I had my son cleaning and at 100 feet out with the wand on the carpet the guage would get to about 11-12 with no bog.

As far as running it on low rpm, I know I'm not the sharpest knife but I believe I only have one setting........on. :D

I believe the rpms drop when it bogs but I'll have to check.

Is there an easy way to check the vac relief. I can hear some air pulling through so I was assuming that meant it was working.

Greenie I've been planning to get some 2.5 when I have some extra $$$$. Do you have a set up for that, that will work with my filter box? If so how much for that and a 50 footer of 2.5? You can pm me if you like.

Spurling I did notice that when it bogged the serp belt on the front of the engine squeeled a bit. I think you may be onto something. That would kind of suck though because that belt is not very old and it's one of Bob's great greenstriped gates belts.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Why does GReenHOle always come on here and try to intimidate posters to conform to all his ideas.......like they was sTupIt or something?

Its not very nice, especially when you is trying to get their confidence and SELL them something!

STuPIe!

Rex Tyus

Walrus said:
Why does GReenHOle always come on here and try to intimidate posters to conform to all his ideas.......like they was sTupIt or something?

Its not very nice, especially when you is trying to get their confidence and SELL them something!

STuPIe!

What the hell are you talking about?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
All the BS about running 2.5 bla bla bla.

Getting to be just as condensending as hARoLD.

Rex Tyus

Jimmy, I reread his post. He did not mention 2.5". He only suggested UTILIZING the existing triport filter box that comes WITH the White magic. Didn't try to sell him anything.

BTW, you have NO idea what that Q56 of yours will do until YOU make the 2.5" upgrade. It is like a whole new machine. But that is just me. When I start to get old and feeble I may veiw things differently as well.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I will say somthing about running 4 to the door, my belts used to go out pretty regular with my waterclaw but i can tell since i opened up a second vac port that there is alot less stress on the belts. my unit has bogged about 4 times in 1800 hours none of those times have happend since i opened it up.

You can sit there and say this or that. Have you tried it? If not you should stfu!
Walrus said:

STuPIe!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Greenie...when my belts get glazed and slip........the only way you know is ...the speed of the blower slows down...which one usually denotes as...bogging down.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom