Who are you using for Credit Card Processing? And please rate 1-10 Stars

Ron K

and please tell me what you like best or bitch em up if you feel the need.
We do still do about 65% in checks .
No cash to speak of.

Name
Nate W.
Cash discount?!?

We use a CC machine at the office.. It's just under 3%.. Supposedly if you punch the numbers in manually it's cheaper.. We accept cash, check or charge.. I'd prefer no cards but when the dollar amount is over $250, most don't carry that kind of cash..

We just had a customer pay $1200 in cash living at a low income building where we gave him a break on price also.. Come to find out he was an auditor and was very sharp with numbers..

Name
Lee Stockwell
Did the machine at the office for many years. At the first it was almost a black hole, with machine lease and stupid fees.

When Square came out I was suspicious at first, "what's the catch?"

No catch, run the card from my phone, money in my bank next day, minus about 3% fee. Well worth it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I just take Visa, no machine, I just call it in and it is deposited into my back account. Been working for me for like that for over 15 years.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
If you bank with Chase, they have a program called Mobile check out. 1.9%. Deposits the money next day.

We used intuit for a while but if you took a card on Thursday after 3pm it wouldn't go in til Monday.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
and please tell me what you like best or bitch em up if you feel the need.
We do still do about 65% in checks .
No cash to speak of.

Square has been great for us. Works every time, no issues in over 4-5 years. They are also have a whole suite of business programs, invoicing, scheduling, website scheduling, apps to get paid through you website, loans, etc... Should be pretty cool.

It's worth what it cost and then some.

Reactions: EDS

EDS

Name
Ed
Square and the occasional Invoice2go when customers are not present for payment.

EDS

Name
Ed
I just take Visa, no machine, I just call it in and it is deposited into my back account. Been working for me for like that for over 15 years.
If it works for you then great. For me it would be inefficient...

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Square has worked well for us.

iPhone 7 and some other smartphones have done away with the headphone jack. The older style reader plugs into a headphone jack.

I run it through my iPad so it's no big deal but I wanted to mention that.

I believe Square is selling the kind that doesn't need to be plugged in to your phone (Bluetooth?).

FredC

Village Idiot
The old style will work with the headphone adapter on the 7

But wireless (NFC) lets you take chip cards too is what I understand

Reactions: Russ T.

CtcClean

Name
paul g
I have been using square, paying 3%. It's worked for me so far but I would like to get a chip reader without paying for one, and pay less than 3%...... pipe dream or is there something out there? Thanks -

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We use a company called trans act. Have card readers on the laptops, but can log on to system and hand key in, or have a link for people to pay from our site.

We don't rent any equipment. Processing rate is very good. That factored in with their other "fees" has averaged us 2-2.3 % each month. I've found while other companys have a lower "swipe" or transaction rate, they kill you on the back end with statement fees, gateway fees, just for the hell of it they won't know the difference fees....

So I add everything taken out each month and divide by the amount we actually ran and it's between 2-2.3 %. Depend on the type of card (rewards) if they were swiped etc. that accounts for the .3% variance. Owner was in my BNI group with me. Great customer service and they handle accounts all over the states. Prior to that we used Costco, which was a good rate, but had to buy the terminal at the time. Transact rates were even better tho.

The get a 10

http://www.transactcc.com/

Reactions: CtcClean

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
We use Heartland. There are no middle men. If you're interested contact us we can help you connect.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I just added square as an option a few days ago and a few clients like to pay via the Square Cash app. On our emailed invoices the client really doesn't see much difference besides they don't have to go to Paypal to run their card. I also save about .4% going with Square.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I just signed up with a deal from my bank. I pay 19.95 per month and 2.65% on Visa,Mastercard,Amex and Discover. It is a mobile device that works with my phone by Bluetooth and allows me to accept debit cards as well. If someone was going to give me a check, they can now pay with their debit card. All my debit transactions are free. I'll start using this week.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I realize that, but my last system was $16 per month and my bank counts each check as a transaction. This should lower not only my credit card fees but my bank fees as well

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Just sent the 1099K from our credit card processing to our account. Based on what we processed, and all the fees associated with processing for 2016, our total cost was only 2.19%.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
For many of us Square revolutionized mobile payments by eliminating the need for terminals & merchant accounts, yesterday Apple announced the ability to send payment thru iMessage, while all details haven't been revealed I assume it won't levy any fees like 2.7%, receiving payment conveniently, securly & efficiently is upon us , IOS 11 should be out in the fall.

https://www.recode.net/2017/6/5/157...enmo-competitor-apple-pay-cash-money-transfer

Reactions: FB7777

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Ive used square for years now and love the simplicity of it. Also all emailed invoices include a link that the customer can pay threw square online. Funds deposited next day. Very convenient!

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Ive used square for years now and love the simplicity of it. Also all emailed invoices include a link that the customer can pay threw square online. Funds deposited next day. Very convenient!
Used Square & loved it too except for the hassle of the card reader & fees, currently a good chunk of communicating & scheduling is already taking place thru iMessage with customers so payment would be a seamless addition vs leaving & going to the Square app, I can still send an invoice.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Square. Convenient, secure and the icon looks like a little target. That helps me pick it out of the clutter.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
I found Square's customer support for getting set up was awesome. They gave us a follow up call just to make sure things were working properly. That was the last time we talked to them, works without a hitch.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom