Who are your primary customers?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My wand speed is only dictated by how much time I have to complete the job. By not blocking and padding, you're doing a half ass job. moving furniture and red Treatment should be dictated by the customer. I charge the same per sq.ft. whether I move furniture or not. The customer will just net less square footage. I almost never do Red treatment and wouldn't include it in my cleaning price.
That’s where we differ, because I do include red treatment in my pricing. The customer appreciates when they don’t see all these add ons

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I guess being in Georgia, you might cover a way larger area than me, but if I charge one customer a lower price, it comes back to me sooner or later. I charge every customer the same regardless of how large of a job or how much work they give me.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Matt- You get the customer you get based on the price you charge. The higher your price point will weed out the dirties and price shoppers and will allow you to work for the people willing to pay the higher price. Since I don't know how long you've been in business, that might change things.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I guess being in Georgia, you might cover a way larger area than me, but if I charge one customer a lower price, it comes back to me sooner or later. I charge every customer the same regardless of how large of a job or how much work they give me.
So you're telling me that your price is absolutely the same when you're cleaning a living room on a single wide vs the same size room in a $500k house with breakables all over the room.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Yep. I clean a single wide maybe once a year. They're money losers, like small rooms with a lot of furniture. The other jobs make up for it. My hourly goal is 150.00 per hour, but can vary anywhere between 100- 200 per hour. It averages out. And I work less than I did a few years ago and make the same.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt- You get the customer you get based on the price you charge. The higher your price point will weed out the dirties and price shoppers and will allow you to work for the people willing to pay the higher price. Since I don't know how long you've been in business, that might change things.
Don't get me wrong...I'm not the cheapest. As a matter of fact, I'm a higher priced company. When my friend (25 year old business) gave me his cc customers, they were shocked at how much more expensive I am.

But I understand how a low income budget family can't afford paying .50/sq ft with the bells and whistles, so I lower my cost to make sure they can get a carpet cleaning service also.

In my first 8years of being in this business, my business was slower than a turtle. It was very depressing and scary. I rarely turn down work for that reason. Keep in mind, I fire customers and I turn down the patels hotel all the time. The thing that I'll NEVER do is target the Beverly Hills customers only.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yep. I clean a single wide maybe once a year. They're money losers, like small rooms with a lot of furniture. The other jobs make up for it. My hourly goal is 150.00 per hour, but can vary anywhere between 100- 200 per hour. It averages out. And I work less than I did a few years ago and make the same.
Then we're no different. Those numbers are the same as mine. I just do more single wides. I like to target the empty ones before they move in

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom