Who carries these stainless connectors?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Beside Joe,
Who carries these:
It's the part that gives me frequent fits, as the regular brass nipple that everybody uses to connects the valve to the solution hose, breaks frequently. And is difficult to remove the threaded broken part stuck in the valve. I figure stainless steel is less likely to break.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Thank you Damon.
Do you by any chance know what's the right size for the regular wand valve?
Now this is where it gets a little harder. I can never remember what size my stuff is and its always an adventure. Maybe the brain trust can help..... @Jim Martin

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don't know Lee, but I do and it drives me crazy. Third one. Could it be due to my unbridled happiness (tossing the wand) when I'm done with the job? If you watch football, you know the 'after the touchdown' drill.

I tend to let the wand go down on the floor if I stop or need to do some spotting. I know ..... patience is a bliss. But it ain't my second nature.

Got to except my limitations and short comings. Too numerous to count. Figured it would be a small price to pay getting a stainless. They should come that way anyhow.

Damon would understand :winky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I don't know Lee, but I do and it drives me crazy. Third one. Could it be due to my unbridled happiness (tossing the wand) when I'm done with the job? If you watch football, you know the 'after the touchdown' end zone drill.

I tend to let the wand go down on the floor if I stop or need to do some spotting. I know ..... patience is a bliss. But it ain't my second nature.

Got to except my limitations and short comings. Too numerous to count. Figured it would be a small price to pay getting a stainless. They should come that way anyhow.

Damon would understand :winky:
I do understand. My Amtex was always cracking the brass fittings. The brass just could not hold up to the constant vibration.

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
When I was still using a portable, before I rewarded myself and stopped using them. (Thank you Ofer :winky:). It was always the brass nipples or angles in the machine that cracked and caused issues. Either vibrations or the transporting.

Beats me why they don't switch to stainless.

Reactions: vibra-vacster
Name
Lee Stockwell
Every well designed machine has an inexpensive "weak link" that will take the bullet when someone does something stupid, like intentionally dropping the wand.

Reactions: Nomad74
Name
Lee Stockwell
Beside Joe,
Who carries these:
https://www.nosoupforyou.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/1942-Stainless-Nipple-275x275.png
It's the part that gives me frequent fits, as the regular brass nipple that everybody uses to connects the valve to the solution hose, breaks frequently. And is difficult to remove the threaded broken part stuck in the valve. I figure stainless steel is less likely to break.
Stainless IS less likely to break. Now you will break the valve.

Reactions: Cleanworks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Intentionally? Lee. Ouch!
Cut me a little slack. Say a couple of millimeters :winky:

That brass part is the weakest part and is leveraged as it connects to the filter the QC and the hose. It is likely to get exposed to leveraged pressure. No reason not to use the stainless nipple in an area that is likely to be the weak link.

Unless of course you're a Stockwell and were born holding an Allen Wrench.

Besides, is it my fault that at the end of a job I am so happy that I feel obligated to celebrate like Terrell Owens at the end zone.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Don't miss the point please: in any mechanism there is ALWAYS a weak link. If you strengthen the most inexpensive part, a different more expensive part becomes the new "weak link ".

Pick your battles.

Reactions: J Scott W

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I didn't miss it Lee. And respecting our tool is important.
I just think that that weak link is in the wrong place. And hope that the valve being enclosed may take the leverage better.
I'll keep you informed, as I changed to a stainless steel nipple.

And now I have to go and clean some stairs and a huge sofa.

So......how should I celebrate today when done? :winky:

steve_64

I lay my wand upside down.

Maybe put a swivel on the wand so it doesn't have all the pressure on it while it's laying on the ground.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I also use my leg when I wind in my hose to guide it. Jus saying

Name
Brad Gouveia
Show us a picture of your valve and the connection. I would think you could just change your valve to male valve or the quick connect to a male and get rid of this piece all together.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Show us a picture of your valve and the connection. I would think you could just change your valve to male valve or the quick connect to a male and get rid of this piece all together.
I haven't reached the age of taking phone pictures yet. But I am sure it's coming :winky:

It is a male qc connected to the filter thingie that is connected to the valve. I guess, as Steve suggests, I can put down the wand in the missionary position but I am not sure Fred approves. SS nipple may be a simpler solution for this tool simpleton.

Hell, where do you guys get the patience for all this tools TLC? :winky:
Does Cobb sell it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom