Who F'n wax'ed the marble?

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
Jim
I agree with Ted-
Tools for corners and edges would be different sized pad drivers(3" and up to 7") on a variable speed angle grinder along with utilizing various types of abrasives.
When we do floors we run our 220 diamonds right to the wall-so the above tools a used in tight areas.
After all these years living on that floor in its present condition, an 83 year old man most likely wont want to consider flattening his floor.
Strip(make sure you mask up well) the topical-run your diamonds to 800, deal with any picture frames, polish the floor with 5X or MB22.
Like Ted Stated the grout lines will clean up and if you need to, fill in any areas that have dislodged.
I would charge him your day rate for 3/4 days-Take your time-if it takes you a day or so longer(stripping can slow you down) it will be worth the experience.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I have thought about using a multi tool and trimmed pads to get into corners and behind fixtures.
Any of you gurus tried that?

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
Unless you are working on a floor that have been coated or damaged(including chemical damages) in hidden or tight areas angle grinders and various sized pad drivers will do the trick.
Most other tools dont seem to have the right action for cutting the surface of the stone.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom