Who has a Metris?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Anybody here owns a Metris van?

I want one and thinking of installing a small Rage or 370 in it.

I commute too much for these big gas guzzling vans and the Metris seems to offer the best gas mpg.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Chris A

Name
Chris
Kevin McCreary in MI just got one with a 370, he's not on here much anymore but posted some vids of it on Facebook

Reactions: Zee

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin McCreary in MI just got one with a 370, he's not on here much anymore but posted some vids of it on Facebook

Is that his Facebook name too? Where? I can't seem to find it...I'm not in carpet cleaning stuff on Facebook.

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
Well the idiotic California liberalcommunisthippiecrazies force me to do it...and also the great distances I cover (28k miles in one year).
I'm going to assume Marty, you don't drive that much...and even if you do you didn't just buy gas for $3.68/gallon!!

Yeah not even close.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/Alabama/Prattville
I wish we only paid that for gas..... with the conversion for Imerican to Canuk bucks, we are paying 4.70 a gallon..... and you guys whine about gas prices......

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
After looking at mikey van, look tight enough for that size. How is the metris compared to transit van? Is there enough room to carry the need stuff to do tile cleaning as well as carpet cleaning?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Smaller than the Transit.

In my opinion it could work with the right organization of stuff.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Way too small. As tall as you are you better bolt the seat near the back door. :winky:

Maybe good for estimating, Encap or that fancy Dwell Pro porty of yours. But a TM. You need a second opinion...on your sanity. :biggrin:

2016-mercedes-benz-metris-cargo-van-inline1-photo-670080-s-original.jpg

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Too bad the metris isn't available in diesel. The knock on the metris according to my mechanic is that it is a little heavy on maintenance and repair costs. I have already transfered my cleaning unit from my Volkswagen diesel to a full size Dodge van. It's killing me on gas. I put $130 in and it's not quite full and I get just over 400k. The Volkswagen, I put $60 in diesel and get over 650 k. The Volkswagen is on its last legs. $2000 later and I still haven't got it back from the mechanic.

Name
Jeff T
Too bad the metris isn't available in diesel. The knock on the metris according to my mechanic is that it is a little heavy on maintenance and repair costs. I have already transfered my cleaning unit from my Volkswagen diesel to a full size Dodge van. It's killing me on gas. I put $130 in and it's not quite full and I get just over 400k. The Volkswagen, I put $60 in diesel and get over 650 k. The Volkswagen is on its last legs. $2000 later and I still haven't got it back from the mechanic.
Toyota NEEDS to come out with a 1 ton diesel van.... I'd trade my new rig and my left one for that....

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
We have a small Nissan NV200 for our retail store and this Metris looks comparable in size.....no way a TM is going in there. Even if you could fit a TM and waste tank you wouldn't have room to carry fresh water, chems, etc. Plus all that weight in a small van, doesn't seem like it'd work well. Share some pics if you can get it figured out though!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We have a small Nissan NV200 for our retail store and this Metris looks comparable in size.....no way a TM is going in there. Even if you could fit a TM and waste tank you wouldn't have room to carry fresh water, chems, etc. Plus all that weight in a small van, doesn't seem like it'd work well. Share some pics if you can get it figured out though!

The NV is not comparable. It seems a lot smaller than the Metris.

Look here at the cargo dimensions :
http://www.thecarconnection.com/car...nz_metris-cargo-van_2016-vs-nissan_nv200_2016

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
I wouldn't say the NV200 is "a lot" smaller. The metris is only 2ft longer and about a ft wider, both are in the same class. Same height.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I wouldn't say the NV200 is "a lot" smaller. The metris is only 2ft longer and about a ft wider, both are in the same class. Same height.
You are wrong. The metris is a one ton van. Lots of room for a 370 or similar. You don't need a fresh water tank. Yes there is less room than a full size van but not by much. You can fit your machine, waste tank, hose reel and still have room for a portable, vacuum and crb. Including a small shelf for chems. It's exactly the same as my Volkswagen t4 which I have been using for the last 10 years. Bonus is it gets into underground parkades where the full size vans don't. You guys who live out in the boonies won't understand that.

Reactions: FredC

FredC

Village Idiot
thsrthd.jpg

only a few seconds and I dont know if it carries water but maybe they have more info/pics

Chris A

Name
Chris
Is that his Facebook name too? Where? I can't seem to find it...I'm not in carpet cleaning stuff on Facebook.

It was on either the carpet cleaners page or Mason's network on Facebook

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom