Who has a Square Scrub they want to sell

Looking to buy a Square Scrub. Who has one just sitting around they'd like to sell?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I've never used a square scrub but cant see the advantage, your swapping picking up a slurry for picking up dust and stripper is cheap?
Stripped a new for me floor last night, ton of fine grit imbedded in the vct coming up in the slurry.
I'd presume that would be a nightmare with square scrub?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They work great but you are right instead of slip hazard now you have dust control to be concerned about. Breathing is not good for operator or client. I like but we mainly use it here at out shop. lol

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
It beats stripper any day any time, whether as a stand alone or with a 175 with a tank and a spp pad. I don’t have a “square scrub”, but have an American floor sander, and a Clarke orbital. It’s the best thing since sliced bread. But, wouldn’t sell them, sorry.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
It beats stripper any day any time, whether as a stand alone or with a 175 with a tank and a spp pad. I don’t have a “square scrub”, but have an American floor sander, and a Clarke orbital. It’s the best thing since sliced bread. But, wouldn’t sell them, sorry.
How do you handle a floor that has been let go and has grit imbedded? Not a problem?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Like I said, if they’re bad which a lot are, we use the 175 with the spp. I rarely use stripper any longer, but do if needed. I’m a floor person before I’m a carpet cleaner.

Reactions: Hack Attack
What we have are 30 deep cleans of 2 and 4 bdrm dorm suites that have vct covered in wax from last three years of a different vendor. My associate bid this job low not expecting stripping to be so extensive. If we wet strip these floors we'll lose money. I need another way to remove two or three layers then apply two layers then buff.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
You can always water strip with an abrasive brown pad. No dust, slurp the slop and wax when it is ready.

Have lots of pads handy, they do wear out.

Valid point. The 4 bdrm suites have full kitchens and two bathrooms. To put of protective poly would take at least two guys three hours each completely burning thru my bid hours.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I want a square scrub also. I would like it for dry-stripping. From the videos i've seen, looks like the way to go.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
SPP pads don't take off the old finish but in some cases the Prep them enough to add more sealer and no one is the wiser, right?
provided the finish is compatible, I've only had a reaction few times but it can look ugly.
So I only risk topcoating over another unknown topical if its small area

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom