Who has a Square Scrub they want to sell

provided the finish is compatible, I've only had a reaction few times but it can look ugly.
So I only risk topcoating over another unknown topical if its small area
That's a valid point I'm. Going to have to hopefully find out thru the SDS what was used last

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Or mud it correctly so it can pack together to dry. Then you can polish...

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Don't go cheap on the stripper. A good stripper is a time saver. What is the steps you take now for removing the old finish?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I don't use a square scrub. But unless you vacuum and mop really really well i could see the finish looking gritty

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Oh my gawd, I went to bed and didn’t see the last half of this movie:icon_rolleyes: Mikey, your #wrong about spp pad not stripping finish off. But, that’s what I use both for. If I use one or the other and it don’t get all the finish off, I can resort to the other to accomplish the strip. You can order special prep pads online.
Your on the right track with the square scrub approach. If you have the 175, you can use that in conjunction with the square.

Reactions: roro
Don't go cheap on the stripper. A good stripper is a time saver. What is the steps you take now for removing the old finish?

We dust mop very well then use a stripper we've always used and lay it down, let it sit, 175, then mop, let dry and apply at a minimum 3 layers (preferably 5) of a sealer of choice for client

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I don't use a square scrub. But unless you vacuum and mop really really well i could see the finish looking gritty
Of course your going to vacuum, you can’t do a strip without vacuuming. And your going to mop after you vacuum to neutralize.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
If your not vacuuming your slurry, your making a mistake. You can’t mop it clean enough. But to each their own. Vacuuming will save an enormous amount of time too.
After you neutralize, then you speed dry with fans.

Reactions: aspenedelen

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
This is where I hate stripping VCT. Vacuuming the slurry made a nice little lining in my vac hose. I can't see how that's good.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This is where I have stripping VCT. Vacuuming the slurry made a nice little lining in my vac hose. I cant see how that's good.
Vacuuming by itself sucks. You still have to neutralize the floor before applying finish. Better to use an old portable and hard surface tool to rinse and vacuum the slurry. Much faster.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
We dust mop very well then use a stripper we've always used and lay it down, let it sit, 175, then mop, let dry and apply at a minimum 3 layers (preferably 5) of a sealer of choice for client
One more thing, sealer is old school and I like to use it too. But, with the bid your partner gave, I’d skip that. It’s really not necessary especially in dorm rooms. Also, if you do it again, hopefully you will, it’ll be hard to remove, especially with a square scrub. 5 coats is Not necessary either. Good look

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
As Kenny mentioned, vacuum up your slurry, flood with mop of clean water (about the same as when applying the stripper). If you have a good sqeegee and good technique with the shop vac final mopping will be minimal and the floor will dry quicker.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes
Name
Matt Ross
I would get a small autoscrubber, like a 14-15inch one. Get a cleaning product designed for use prior to recoat, so it removes some wax and takes the dirt out it. Scrub it and recoat. Easy. You arnt gonna take up much wax with a square scrub in a small amount of time. Most people have alot of problems with them shaking themselves apart. Bearing problems and stuff. I tried one but didn't really like it.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
All the poor guy asked was if anybody has a square scrub to sell.
And he got advise varying from how to pan for gold in the Sahara to what not to do against the wind.

Sorry. No. I don't have a square scrub to sell.
Can I offer you good advice about something?
Anything?
Thats what we’re for, anything we can do for our fellow man, and then some:headscratch: somebody’s gotta do it:oldrolleyes:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
All the poor guy asked was if anybody has a square scrub to sell.
And he got advise varying from how to pan for gold in the Sahara to what not to do against the wind.

Sorry. No. I don't have a square scrub to sell.
Can I offer you good advice about something?
Anything?
Can you stick to the topic PLEASE! :biggrin:

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
You can go to a Home Depot rental and get the Clarke American machine that has a built in Vac. I have one and you can use it dry or unhook the vac hoses on a wet scrub and come back with vac to pick up slurry. The easy way has been mentioned to buy some SPP pads for your 17 or 20 in orbital and dry or wet TOP STRIP. Rinse a couple of times and lay a couple of coats of finish as it will gloss up quickly because you still have a good base underneath. You can wow them with a lot less labor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom