who has done flier's? price on flyer, or % off?

stone

anyone send fliers? any opinions on listing price per room fliers, or just listing % off per job? any opinions?

Able 1

Name
Keith
price on the flyer if you want more calls give them the hall for free people love free stuff.

flyer's are my best advertising!

Don't go cheap on the color go full color it is worth every penny.

This year i have made a deal with myself that if a job reschedules i will do flyers at the time i was suppose to be working.

that is doing real well

I have had great luck with fliers. I distributed them throughout a high end area of town. I had great response and ended up with about 15-20 large jobs out of the 225 I distributed. As noted earlier be sure they are color, black and white make you seem cheap and unprofessional. My "slogan" on the fliers was "Most through carpet cleaning EVER or your money back." BTW I didn't pay back a dime and all the custys were thrilled.

Good Luck

Able 1

Name
Keith
I do a pictures of my daughter in Greenbay Packer gear or nice dresses on carpet.

That works great kids and pets.

I give my daughter 5 dollars in her piggy bank if any custy mentions the pic.

Becker

Name
Becker
7 years ago when I started in this area I had no marketing at all.

I was not even in the phone books for a listing.

2-3 times per week I would hit the upper middle class hoods with 100-200 fliers.

Black ink, colored paper.

I was getting 2 jobs out of 100. ROI was really good!

I still work for many of these clients today.

I also sent letters to Apartments, and property managers. I scored a few nice buildings, did work for them over the next 6 months or so. ( hated it )

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have found that a listing doesn't work in the phone book.

If you advertise in the book go big or forget about it.

Becker

Name
Becker
I get a few jobs per year off just a simple free listing.

My point was, I had nothing going at all.

I got busy real quick, but I worked at it.

Some of the work was not ideal, but it brought in money.

The fliers were by far the best.

My lettered van produced some jobs also.

I started over in this area just before 9-11.
Good times.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Not trying to offend I just have one big ad in one book and a listing in another (that I pay for). I have just got three calls in 2 and a half years from the listing.

Becker

Name
Becker
I did not feel offended.

The calls I got were from people with the same prefix. They felt I was in the same neighborhood as them.

Some people search ads, some search names, some look for near by companies.

Just like Angie's List.

I got a job from that before I even knew what it was, I get a call every once in awhile from that listing. I did not pay for it. I guess someone rated my company.

Able 1

Name
Keith
The reason I like flyer's so much is there is no one else to choose from.(not that i am worried about the competition just can't always get to the phone)

What I mean by that is they are not opening the phone book and going down the list.

That being said with a good flyer you should be booking every job.

mohawk

were do you put the flyer its illegal to put them in mailboxes do you put them on doorsteps. thanks

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
HEY RICH!

Rich, that's one hell of a strike rate there - any chance you'd like to share what was on your flyer? I'm assuming with that success rate you had one heck of an offer? Was it a glossy type colour flyer?

Cheers

M

Mark Imbesi

Make sure you call the town hall before circulating them. My town requires a $50/yr permit to go door to door.

d-day

I have used flyers since the get-go. On those days that I fall short of my revenue goal, I still put out 1 flyer/day for every dollar short I fall that day of my goal, e.g. if I'm $89 short I don't let myself come in until I put out 89 flyers (weather permitting). I have always used black text on white paper. I have found that an actual price offer, e.g. "2 rooms and hall for $xx.00 up to x-hundred total sq ft" pulls better than %-off offers. I put the flyers at the front door. Lots of text and explanation pulls better than sparse flyers with BIG TYPE NO SUBSTANCE. My flyer is two sided, 8.5x11 covered with 12 point type. I do not put expiration dates on my offers. I place a flyer with fridge magnet five-around after every job.

M

Mark Imbesi

David,

How are you attaching the magnets w/flyers to the doors?

d-day

Marc Imbesi said:
David,

How are you attaching the magnets w/flyers to the doors?

Hi Marc,

I would estimate that 90+% of the homes in the developments/subdivisions I target have steel or steel-re-enforced front doors, so I simply use the magnet to attach the flyer to the door. If the door is wood, then I usually can slip the flyer and magnet between the door and the weatherstripping/insulation.

d-day

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Why spend money on flyers when you can do this:

pict17aeh3.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
We have paper boxes here and you can put anything in those.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
There's is a guy in my area that posts those signs everywhere. They say "WHOLE HOUSE CARPET CLEANING $99". Apparently he gets alot of work from them but I just dont see how he can stay in business charging so little for so much.

Becker

Name
Becker
roll the flyer and it will expands and stay between the knob and the jam, or if it is a handle slide it though the handle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom