who has the best VCT floor finsih?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm installing 800sf of new VCT (subbing it out actually) cause we're toodamnbusy to get it done in time...
Might sub out the finish too, but just in case, what's the shiniest, idiot proof finish on the market??

I know enough about VCT to be dangerous ...rarely do it and regularly turn down VCT jobs

BUT...if i do it..what's the procedure to get it looking like glass?

neutral cleaner
rinse
4 coats finish
buff??? burnish???

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
880 sf of tile? What's the subfloor look like? Jeebus, that's 3-maybe 4 hours work on the install,(one guy troweling glue, one slapping the tiles in) 4 lazy hours on the finish. Gee whillikers mEaT, you're gonna walk from a minimum 2000 dollar day for 2 guys? A little overhead on it, but that's a big bowl of gravy to dip your MeAt in at the end of the day. Stripping new tiles is dead simple. Even if it took another half day, it's still a win. Hire some help!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And you can use either a dry bright no burnish finish like this one or a burnishing finish. Look to see which has the most solids.

Ultrachem labs dry bright, no burnish, microfiber pad application after the strip.

20130210_114239_zpsbac31cd6.jpg

20130210_114229_zpsdd3dc86d.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
880 sf of tile? What's the subfloor look like? Jeebus, that's 3-maybe 4 hours work on the install,(one guy troweling glue, one slapping the tiles in) 4 lazy hours on the finish. Gee whillikers mEaT, you're gonna walk from a minimum 2000 dollar day for 2 guys? A little overhead on it, but that's a big bowl of gravy to dip your MeAt in at the end of the day. Stripping new tiles is dead simple. Even if it took another half day, it's still a win. Hire some help!

we're doing the tear out tomorrow Willy ...for a buck-o-ft :rockon:
I popped a handful in the middle today to see how hard/easy...it'll be a cakewalk as they popped like nothing in whole pieces .:clap:
I'll make some donut$ on the tear out...I figure Cody and i will have it done in couple/three hours tops

I'll let the installer handle the install, we're as busy as 4 men can be (added a laborer 3 weeks ago) with several projects going and several more waiting patiently for us to get started
Hell, I'll put in 8 hours tomorrow .

I might do the finish myself...I can watch wax dry for fiddy-cent-o-ft...it'll be like break compared to what I've been doing

How long does finish need to cure before I hit it with the hi-speed burnisher?

..L.T.A.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Betco is a really good chem company with some really good finishes. For us it comes down interaction with the reps and responding if something were to go wrong with quality or performance.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
we're doing the tear out tomorrow Willy ...for a buck-o-ft Hope they're not the old 9 inchers. What kinda subfloor?

Do the install for right after for another 2buck-o-foot, plus cove.......$$$
:rockon:
I popped a handful in the middle today to see how hard/easy...it'll be a cakewalk as they popped like nothing in whole pieces .:clap:
I'll make some donut$ on the tear out...I figure Cody and i will have it done in couple/three hours tops

Well there's a start.....Lotta money on that table, why eat a donut when there's bacon and eggs on the table, with a side of toast and taters.

I'll let the installer handle the install, we're as busy as 4 men can be (added a laborer 3 weeks ago) with several projects going and several more waiting patiently for us to get started
Hell, I'll put in 8 hours tomorrow .

Only 8? GET OFF YER WELL MARBLED ASS AND GET TO WORK! I'D UNDERSTAND IF YOU WERE GOING OFF ON ONE OF THOSE FUTILE FISHING FORAYS.

I might do the finish myself...I can watch wax dry for fiddy-cent-o-ft...it'll be like break compared to what I've been doing

How long does finish need to cure before I hit it with the hi-speed burnisher?

..L.T.A.

Hire some part time help.VCT tile is ridiculously easy to install. You're losing all this......

chocolate-gravy-lrg_zps226dcc8a.jpg

Chocolate Gravy with Croissants
4 large croissants*
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch salt
1 1/2 cups lowfat (1%) milk*
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 pound fresh strawberries*
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F., and heat croissants according to package directions, about 9 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a 2-quart or larger saucepan, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa and salt. Place pan over medium heat, and gradually add milk, whisking constantly until well blended and smooth. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is the consistency of warm pudding, about 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low. Add butter and stir until melted and well blended. Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla. To serve, cut croissants in half, and spoon 1/4 cup sauce over each. Garnish with strawberries, whole or sliced.

Lorenzo

Name
Ernie Kosar
Alan janitorial
In Bohemia Long Island ny
Speak to rich the owner
Not only hees got a great floor finish but he will school you in any field of cleaning for free
his prices are great he taught me everything I know in cleaning and now I have three trucks
Tell him you know Ernie from elite

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I like Spartan ishine but prefer diversey premia floor finish for high traffic areas for its amazing repairable characteristics and overall shine/smoothness retention.

I like finishes that lay down without bubbles and self level, so anyone of my guys can throw it down. I like a finish that will hold up without a burnish for a few months and still look good. I like a finish that can be scrubbed once or twice with awesome clean ability so as to when new finish is applied it appears to have been stripped and 8 coats applied when finished.

This is what i look for in finishes.

And the reference to rich up on Long Island, he is a good guy and a straight shooter that wouldnt lead you wrong. He knows his stuff.

Name
Lee Stockwell
If you need to get done quickly, ONE heavy coat of Airkem Laser will blow you away. Very good leveling, dries to a glass shine.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
so how did it go???

also BRAND NEW TILE....doesnt gloss as well as tile thats been stripped a few times

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
so how did it go???

also BRAND NEW TILE....doesnt gloss as well as tile thats been stripped a few times

went damnfine, Doug
between coats I watched all the bootie crossing the parking lot to the theater matinee ....er...i mean I used that dead time to catch up on paperwork

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Charles Anhalt

Supportive Member
Name
Charles Ronald Anhalt
Has anyone used a floor finish called Ultratron? I think it is a Bullen One Up Product. I have 4 gal. to use and need to know the maintenance frequency of product in high traffic areas. I will be using a 1500 rpm electric burnisher and how often I need to buff it will tell me where I can use product. Thanks all!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom