Who here has had to exercise their faith on the job?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I was starting an air duct job last week and at the beginning of the job, I like to inspect the ducts the best I can. This job had a crawlspace for me to crawl around on and visually make sure that there wasn't any visual damage.
So I get ready to open that door to see floor insulation hanging everywhere, and I was greeted with a 4ft long snake skin. I decided to skip the most important step in air duct cleaning. This is where I had to exercise my faith. No, not any religious faith. Faith in my knowledge of how well this job can be done "assuming" these can be safely cleaned. And some luck also.

The job came out great with only one duct that I didn't clean, due to the amount of insulation showing at the vent.

So what have you guys had to show your faith in yourself with different situations of our work?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_2401.JPG
IMG_2412.JPG

Cotton couch with red stains and tea stains. Zero faith sir.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i'd would have told her jus to have that memory of the frigging LOOK you surly would have gotten.....

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Matt I worked a year for Cooks and crawled hundreds of houses. Snakes know you are there and move, although once I was on a pile of lumber and paused while a long, fat ol' moccasin passed below. Worst scare was once when I took a flash picture of a dislodged dryer vent and a moment later when I moved, a cat jumped off the sill plate, ran over me and out of the crawlspace.

Never knew it was there. Later looking at the picture, it was staring right at the camera eyes wide open. Poor beast probably thought the end had come!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I wouldn't mind it if I could see underneath the house. It was the fact that there were so many dark areas that I was crawling on my belly.

Face to face with a copperhead??? No thank you

Reactions: Old Coastie

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I made a vow when I was young.....
Never ever no way in hell I would EVER crawl into a crawl space.......

So what happens. ....1st day managing a 585 unit apartment building...hot water heat.....zone valves....
I had to crawl 12 units deep thru to fix it....
I quickly learned to sweat a zone valve witout turning the water off.....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom