Who here has painted their box truck or trailer?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
simple question. Any experience? Is it easy, or should a trip be made to Maaco?

Name
Nate W.
Wrap it... You can DIY...

Then again we've seen your wanding... Go to Maaco....:stir:

A plain wrap would probably be cheaper if you DIY..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Sand, use self-etching primer (for aluminum) and shoot the damty thing with whatever automotive paint you like.
Use a single component urethane, it is easy to work with and forgiving. Make sure you are getting enough air out of your compressor, get enough stuff and go for it.

Or go to Econo, Peach or Maaco for $350 and let them do it. If you do that, take them the self-etching primer. Fail to do it and they will just scuff n shoot with whatever was in the pot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My local body shop quoted me a price of $1k for just the box. I think I'm gonna take it to him once I get this adhesive removed

Reactions: Desk Jockey

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Any one here know where I can get a side door for that box? I have a local trailer manufacturer that can make a door for a trailer, but I don't know if it's the same as a box truck side door

Name
Nate W.
Any one here know where I can get a side door for that box? I have a local trailer manufacturer that can make a door for a trailer, but I don't know if it's the same as a box truck side door

Should be the same... Depending on the style of door you may want, like a roll up or swing out.. Swing has less maintenance than a roll up..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Roller and brush on back door and rear corners. Looks great from 10' away which is fine with me . Sides and front are wrapped for 2400. Less than a paint job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom