Who knows Blowers?????

Mikey P

Administrator
I am acting as Beta boy for Greenie’s 18inch Bayco vacuum spring relief vale.

I tested the 15 “ version but under load it would not close and was so noisy it drowned out the rest of the racket.

He had a 18â€Â

Farenheit251

I've always thought that ideally we'd be pulling relief air from the wand evacuating the vac hose quicker. Any air going thru the vac relief is wasted and could have been used better. Ideally we should have a vac relief on the wand set lower and the tank one should just be a backup.
Can you adjust the Bacyo like a Kunkle? If not maybe you could drill a hole or two in your hose cuff so the valve doesnt max out so much. Brian E

S

Scott Noble

Safety

If you reeeeeally want an opinion, ok. The manufacturer designed the blower to be operated below 16"hg(ish) pressures, under a load, in an enviornment that provides reasonable ambiant cooling.

You already know that an increase in hg results in more heat generated within the blower. At 19"hg or above I believe you are at or close to the outside of the envelope.

At 15" my hose cuff will tug on my clothing very aggresively and boy how it will grab hold of curtains and bedding like there's no tomorrow. Is anyone giving much thought to how much potential energy there is in a 2" cuff pulling at 19"hg+ ? If insurance people ever did an audit for up to date potential liability I betting we would see a change in our premiums.

But, not to rain on the Vortex parade and it's a big parade indeed. I hope there is a big safety discussion that comes with the machine.

G

The 6008 blower should not be run that high Mike without water injection cooling in place. Even 18"HG is pushing it if the truck is not vented to allow good ambiant cooling to take place. There was a reason why the earlier V's had the blower located OUTSIDE the truck.

G

Hey Mikey!!!

I'd not put much faith in kennie's opinion without confirming independantly...speaking ofblowers, he spews a huge number of CFMs of hot air on topice he knows little about...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Call the blower factory technical people and they will tell you...

NO

I've asked all three manufacturers.

Larry Cobb

lance

You just need a better wand....

How about 16 inches wide with two 1.5 inch tubes going into the head and coming back into a 2.5 in tube with 2 inch where you hold onto the wand. At least 6 jets but 7 would probably be better. Flow could be 014. Make the wand lips a min. of 1/4 inch apart...3/8 ths would be better.

And then put on a big ass GGlide with big holes on that mother see what you could do on CGD.

I never thought I would here the words "too much suction" coming from the incredible Mikey P.

Now, if you wanted an 18 inch wand............

Greenie

the 19"hg is a bit of a concern, should open at 18" max.

Time to drop a washer or two and report back.

Those blowers are being run all day everyday by guys with conventional springs releifs set against Mfgs. specs at super high lift, the Bayco will only help in the long run and is not easy for a tech to "tighten it down", it far safer for the machine when all is said and done.

lance

Hey Greenie

It sounds like running a 6008 with a Bayco @18'' is not going to hurt a blower even though it is rated @ 16" of lift. What do you recommend doing to the blower beyond regular maintainance?

Would you run some water through the inlet sometimes to clean it out? Does it need something like Corrosion X sprayed into it on a regular basis?

How long do you think a blower like that would last being run everyday but also being well taken care of?

Greenie

It just makes more heat, how much more heat is the question.

Certainly not more than a blower with choked down plumbing, or a blower with an exhaust HX, both of these scenarios age a blower.

As long as the seals can support the lift, you are home free.

Mikey P

Administrator
rmcn7l.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom