Who likes???? Stretching!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_3558.JPG
IMG_3570.JPG

Did a whole house cleaning and some stretching for $$779 today 5 hours, and I got a bucket of scraps to.

Boy does restretching a Home Depot install suck!

I feel like a one legged man in a ass kicking contest.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I dont know how unless its a really easy empty room with no closets lol. How did you do it with furniture still in there? do you just pull it away from the beds leaving them in place?

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Lee Stockwell
I dont know how unless its a really easy empty room with no closets lol. How did you do it with furniture still in there? do you just pull it away from the beds leaving them in place?
Use sliders.

Like Marty, I have the tools and yet steer clear of most stretch jobs.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

I usually request all furniture out if possible, this one had some easy pulls with a kicker then power stretched the opposite direction.

Also opened a hall seam I just pulled it apart by hand, not a good install at all.

Power stretched towards seam locked it in,

Then I kicked from the other direction and used some nails into the carpet through the plywood to hold it while I trimmed it and reseamed it up.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
All I have is a knee kicker, and I don't plan on doing any more than minor stretching. I've found that networking with a carpet business is a good practice. It saves your knees and helps get a few more customers.

Reactions: Mikey P

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I do it but I don't like it. I charge $90 per direction. You're nicer than me. I make them remove every stick of furniture. I refuse to do it if there is a bed in the room, screw that!

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
All I have is a knee kicker, and I don't plan on doing any more than minor stretching. I've found that networking with a carpet business is a good practice. It saves your knees and helps get a few more customers.

Junior power stretcher really save your knees.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The day I found out my 2001 Express 3500 loaded with 2,ooo pounds of equipment could do 95 MPH, was the day I was driving myself to the clinic due to a repair gone horribly wrong with a bloody mary. Cut my thumb right down to the bone. Blood spurted across the room.

The second picture is when I burned my ankle with steam. I just uploaded it for sympathy.

thumb.jpg
steamburn.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I always took care of every stretching and install request my customers required... By referring them to a professional installer.

Minor repairs I would handle. But I'm a cleaner, not an installer. It's better that way. ;)

I do have a guy who sells and installs, he taught me how to use my power stretcher.

I still refer some repairs out to him.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Mrs Finklegroover thought my quote of $150 was too much for this job. She said "I had one like this taken out before and it took him only 15 minutes."

I kept my smart assed comments to myself and stood by my quote. We just cleaned her carpet and she passed on the stretching.

IMG_4021.JPG

Reactions: Nomad74 and SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom