Who makes the best stand-alone filter box.

Bob Foster

I finally bought a box van and a few weeks back Les Judson and family started building me a propane powered Reactor. (Factory propane powered Kohler) The unit is designed, plumbed and equipped under the direction of Les, Judson and Greenie with all the pimps.

Unfortunately it looks like Greenie won't be able to supply his yet to be built filter box in time so I am looking for a good stand-alone filter box that will accommodate 2 each 2.5 hose inputs.

Any suggestions and if you can please post pictures and how much its worth.

Farenheit251

Filter Box

I don't think you are going to find that filter box since none of the manufacturers have embraced 2.5" hose. John at Hothheatexchangers.com can build one custom. He even speaks canadian.

Bob Foster

Brian - great idea and Les actually works with John as John builds Les's heat exchangers I think.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I think I read someone say Blueline made them one. And it can be done in 2.5"

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Hey Bob, you can have that 1/4 millimeter screen put in your filter box. with the 2.5 " plumbing you shouldn't see much vac or air loss and it will satisfy CRD. Just make it a big screen with lots of surface area. Mine plugs up with crap and such even with prevacuuming and the holed glide. It sure keeps the recovery tank cleaner.

lance

The one that Vortex had at Connections last years was all SS and looked like it was well built.

You could talk to John @ hot heat exchangers and ask him about it. I think a round tank with a screen is the best way to go. It would filter out the lint and take the sand/grit out of the air stream so the only thing ending up in the waste tank is dirty water. You could then use a APO or an on-demand PO to empty the tank.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
We have already manufactured external stand alone filter boxes running full 2.5" ports and flow. I am away from the office for the next 2 weeks, but drop Gary an email at gary@powerclean.com.au and he should have some photo's that could forward onto you. You might see some interesting things if you are attending Connections as well :wink:

Jim

T

The Magician

Larry Cobb makes a 2.5 filter box. Its expensive, go to his web site.

dallasdj

Let me tell you how well the Cobb one works first b/f you buy, he's installing one on my TM I just bought from him.

I think mines the first 2.5 from his plant.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just a thought;
instead of huge recovery tanks which need all the baffling to keep it from imploding (still need them to keep the water from moving), why not use auto-pump out from the filter box pumped into a holding tank. It could be plastic fresh water tank then.

Are auto pump outs reliable enough to work like that?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I should have the first of the ones I designed in 2 weeks...

They're (a.) 2.5" in and 2" out and (b.) 2.5" in and 2.5" out.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have made a couple of SS boxes (photo on the web site) and I saw a new SS one @ Connections.

Our Stainless filter boxes use the "ProChem style" large filter box.

We also have a single 2.5" mod of the inline clear filter:
filter25.jpg

Larry Cobb

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Beautiful simple idea...

My regards to your genius Monsieur Larry...

Also ,An Attaboy for Big D...2...

Innovation,love it...

An outside the filter box thinking even more...lol...

Mikey P

Administrator
Get Jim Bethal's SS beauty Bob.

None can come close to its capacity and simplicity as well. It even looks real cool. No other choice really.

Those pool filters are a CFM robbing pita.

Back
Top Bottom