Whoo hoo

I have never solicited business from a carpet or tile retailer. Well today I did a job for a builder and he referred me to the largest carpet retailer in the area and they said they are going to send me around 20 jobs a month that will average 250 price range and more if I apply protector. See I didn't even need a box of doughnuts.

Bob Foster

POST OF THE MONTH

danielc said:
I have never solicited business from a carpet or tile retailer. Well today I did a job for a builder and he referred me to the largest carpet retailer in the area and they said they are going to send me around 20 jobs a month that will average 250 price range and more if I apply protector. See I didn't even need a box of doughnuts.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I hope it works out for you, but if I had a dollar for every time I've gotten a promise I've gotten from:
Carpet retailers
Property Managers
Landlords
Builders
Real Estate Agents

I'd be a rich man.

Now when I get the old "if you can get to this today, you'll get ALL my work and I have a ton of it", I expect no more than that one job. If more comes of it, it's a bonus.

-JB-

Name
JB
Gotta agree w/Fred & Ed.

But good luck.

Generally the best referral sources are the ones you never saw coming.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
WAAAYY too long Fred. Ahhh the good old days I remember the 1st couple times...I'd get so excited, I'd start dreaming of having to shift piles of money around, just so I'd could find my bed at night :p .

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Been there...sometimes it works out...sometimes it doesn't ...try to stay positive.

Bob was that the post of the month for the reason we think it is?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ed said:
WAAAYY too long Fred. Ahhh the good old days I remember the 1st couple times...I'd get so excited, I'd start dreaming of having to shift piles of money around, just so I'd could find my bed at night :p .

LOL, if you can find one retailer to send you some jobs, then you've done well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom