Who's got a Boxxer 421?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Any quirks you can tell me about them? Anyone have one with super high hours? Just curious. Thanks.

silverray3030

The platform of the Boxxer has been upgraded entirely with new design features for smoother performance. The engineered stability and low vibration of the chassis means longer, more trouble-free component life.

BillC

I have a 2006 model that I have been very happy with.. I modded my recovery tank with 2 1/2 inlet and I'm running 100ft of 2 1/2 hose and that made a huge difference in vacuum. Also they come from the factory with the rpm set at about 2800 and I uped mine to 3600 to get things spinning a little faster.. I can't tell you how many hours mine has because my hour meter does't work but it's a lot!

The only thing I don't like is the way they designed it with the HX on the very bottom of the unit. If you have one go out or freeze then you have to pull the entire unit from your van or trailer to service it..

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah I found out early about the hx. I've only put about 75the hours on it now but its been a good back up unit so far

BillC

Chris Adkins said:
Yeah I found out early about the hx. I've only put about 75the hours on it now but its been a good back up unit so far
If it ever becomes your main machine for work, I recommend doing a little mods to it to bring it to its full potential.. 2 1/2 inch hose, rpm set to 3600, VRV set to 15 and that should do it..

BillC

Charles Lyman said:
How do you set the rpm to 3600? How do I know what mine is set to?
If its still set from the factory then its probably around 2800rpm.. You can take it to a well known lawn mower shop in you area and they can set the rpm for you.. Just take the top metal guard off (4 bolts on top and 2 in front) that way its easier for them to set it..

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Mine is a 2003, 4008 hrs.
Most problematic issue is all of the damn temp sensors, and dumping water.
I think I have mine resolved after 4 years.
No modifications to mine and it works great, good dry times.
I run 2 inch hose all the way to a 2 inch wand.

BillC

WHISKER said:
Mine is a 2003, 4008 hrs.
Most problematic issue is all of the damn temp sensors, and dumping water.
I think I have mine resolved after 4 years.
No modifications to mine and it works great, good dry times.
I run 2 inch hose all the way to a 2 inch wand.
What problems were you having with the temp sensors and what did you do to fix it?

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Biggest issue was water heating up and dumping into the waste tank.
I could go thru my fresh tank in minutes.
Put in all new sensors, and a new new dump solenoid on waste tank.
Machine works much better but still seems to go thru to much water too fast.
Three times now the Hot hose from the HX to the high pressure manifold has burst ?
No sure why but I have a local hydrolic co. build a better hose, much cheaper than the factory stuff.

S

Steampro1

We've had a 421 since 06/16/2010 with over 1000 hrs. on it already and the only problems we've had is the sensor problem were the heat won't build up and it dumps water way too fast. Other than that it's be a fine little machine so far.

Carpet Cleaning Springfield MO http://www.stmpro.com

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have a 421 with about 5000hrs on it. Over all it has been problem free. I have had little issues - hoses, water box sensor. My just started leaking oil. I would buy another.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom