whos on vendor programs??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I was wondering who here is on vendor programs and specifically what concessions are you having to make for being on these, I talk to several local companies who are on these programs and they tell me stories of adjusters saying ummm I don't feel you needed 6 air movers, I feel you needed only 4 thats is all I am paying for, etc. I also find some adjusters asking me to take more and more things of my bill, like for instance a state farm guy a couple weeks ago said they normally don't pay a service call, never had that complaint before, I told him we have to have a crew ready to go out at a moments notice, we most of the time have to reschedule and postpone what they are doing at that time to go to the loss on an emergency basis, this is worth something, I have a feeling that the state farm vendors are having to eat all kinds of line items like this. I feel like why should I make concessions the vendors are making when they never give me a dimes worth of work, its not fair to me, so I am normally very firm on what I charge.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
10-10 on water damage mitigation?? thats a first for me, now that I would have to sue people for that most of the time, sometimes I get a new or stupid adjuster or one that is out of town, that I can pull that one off on. however for the repairs I do get 10-10 again stupid and or new adjuster I can pull it off on the flood portion when doing mitigation and repairs.

Scott

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
We're on Allstate and Encompass(owned by allstate)'s PSP program. Its a good program, and 90% of the time we get a desk adjuster. Haven't had any complaints about anything that we've billed. We even get 10% and 10% on all of our cases too.

In our area Allstate is part of the Alacrity program and they aren't accepting new apps. It's been awhile since I stopped asking so maybe they've changed but they wouldn't even accept an application as of about a year ago.

Scott

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Scott said:
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
We're on Allstate and Encompass(owned by allstate)'s PSP program. Its a good program, and 90% of the time we get a desk adjuster. Haven't had any complaints about anything that we've billed. We even get 10% and 10% on all of our cases too.

In our area Allstate is part of the Alacrity program and they aren't accepting new apps. It's been awhile since I stopped asking so maybe they've changed but they wouldn't even accept an application as of about a year ago.

Scott

thats pretty much the same story here, actually thats how just about every insurance company around here is, sure doesn't make me wanna show mercy when it comes to the bill knowing they will not be giving me a penny in work

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We're not on any vendor program. Oddly it's not about money, it's about control.

We're about doing what's right, it's not always what's popular or what cheapest, but it's about doing what's right.

That doesn't fit well with vendor programs that are designed to do what's cheapest, not always what should be done, but what will save the insurance company money.

I'm all for controlling escalating claims but not when the restorer is forced to short change what's due the policy holder.

Especially when the restorer will be the one left holding the bag.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
its kinda funny it seems like many around here are a bit sheepish about admitting they are on any vendor programs

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
I'll come out of the closet and admit that we are on Vendor programs. Three to be exact. Do I like being on these programs? Absolutely! Will I sacrifice quality or discount my prices in return for being on these programs? Absolutely NOT! (Keep in mind that these insurers are smaller state wide type and not listed as top ten nationals)

I've never been asked to cut any corner or discount my pricing by any adjuster or program manager since being on these programs.

Here is an interesting thing. Two of our largest referral sources are Am Fam and State Farm. We are on neither of their programs and really have no desire to get involved with them. The truth is that I spent many a year chasing my tail trying to get onto their programs. I finally wore myself out, and lost any and all desire. It's sort of like chasing that hot, well endowed young starlet only to have her tease you at every turn. Next thing you learn is that she has been playing you like a cheap, dime store fiddle, all the while in bed with every other suitor within ear shot.

Vendor programs can be advantageous, and yes they can help in generating more work. But, at the end of the day they are grossly over rated in the "must get on department", IMHO.

I'd be tickled pink to share with the room a very effective way in which we have had success in building insurance referrals if some one can get Mikey to apologize for calling me a doughy white boy.

Ivan

ps. For those who have a strong desire to suceed in WDR, but fear being excluded from Vendor programs re-read what Chavez wrote. The guy may come off as some dumbass hayseed that was displaced into Kansas by some rouge duststorm south of the Rio Grande, but he knows restoration. Thier company is the perfect example of how successful one can become in the absence of Vendor programs.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'll come out of the closet and admit that we are on Vendor programs.
See what wearing those Croc's did to you!
:mrgreen:

The guy may come off as some dumbass hayseed that was displaced into Kansas by some rouge duststorm south of the Rio Grande, but he knows restoration.
Damm was that a compliment? :shock:

Did you graduate from the Luddy school of manors! :mrgreen:

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Hey Richard,

You couldn't imagine how many compliments I've gotten from the ladies over the years on my Crocs. Especially after attaching those MU jiblets that you had sent me. lol 8)

Ivan

ps Hey I thought that was a good compliment!

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Gosh Harry,

I ain't gonna lie to you. Heck yea I wear Crocks. I smoke, drink and eat pu*sy too. But that doesn't make me a bad guy. Or does it? :lol:

Ivan

prodrying

We are on the Alacrity program. (Allstate and Encompass are the only insurance companies on in our area) We are also on with Travelers. They do theirs by adjuster referral and we did several jobs for them and the adjuster asked me to join. I did not even know they had such a thing until he mentioned it. Then we also get some Nationwide calls too.

By far, the Alacrity program is the easiest to deal with, gives us the best prices, and almost never questions the bill as long as everything is documented properly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom