Who's the jerk that pumps the zerks?

Bob Foster

greasemonkey.jpg

So do you do your own maintenance or do your employees or your local TM dealer?

Do you trust your employees to do a thorough job of daily and scheduled maintenance?

Be honest, do you do your prescribed maintenance?

Down time's a bitch.....

John Watson

Bobby, I give my zerks a pump or two once or twice a year, Same blower, same shaft drive (4 bearings) but new electric clutch (Installed in 2004 fits serpentine drive belt of engine) on a 20 year old shaft drive machine.

Engine oil changed and chassis lubed every month by local Oil change Company.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I do all my own maintenance and repairs on the machine....every 50 hours the machine gets greased and all oil levels checked and/or changed as needed.....etc,etc

I don't do the service on the UD...every 1500 to 2000 miles it goes in for lube oil and service.......

Farenheit251

You got to learn to do your own work to save money and prevent downtime. On the other hand there are things like lining up a coupler I just can't get right.
Last month I needed a new hose assembly and unloader rebuild and decided to just pay 30 minutes labor while I was at my distributor and be done with it. The mechanic noticed tiny cracks on topp and bottom of my Dwyer(chemical) meter that was lettting air into the system plus a couple other little things that i would have never noticed.
So I say do your own but if you have a good service center make sure you have look at things once a year. Everyone tries to get the best machine but the more I look at other peoples machines I'm thinking 75% of them have issues that seriously affect performance.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I personally do all maintainence/repairs on the TM

I won't say I'm "strict" about maint schedules, but i'm pretty regular.

I personally do the "easy" stuff on the van.
ie, oil change/lube, brakes, filters, etc.
More detailed or major PITA repairs get done at a pro garage

..L.T.A.

Name
I'm Rick James
I have a real simple slide in that I can do most of the work but not all. I just had jon don in north Seattle install my TM in my new van. I transfered it over. Wow that thing is heavy, but my brother and I did it. Took 20 minutes using our guns. :D

The Preacher

just did my 500hr maintenance. all fluids, filters, plugs and i'm putting new belts on this weekend. my coupler still ain't perfectly lined up, but i keep a close eye on it so LArrEE CRAPatoni doesn't have to worry 'bout it!!!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I do most of my routine maintenance stuff on my TM, simply because there's no dist. around here. If I lived in Atlanta, I wouldn't do anything. I'd pay to have it all done. I don't make money working on my equipment. So, I ride in to my oil change place and ride out 10 minutes later and go make money.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I do all my own repairs out of enjoyment and not wanting to pay someone to do something I can do myself. Unless it entails digging into an engine, I'll usually do it myself.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have 3 full time mechanic/maintenance people who do everyting form vehicle & equipment repairs, to maintaining and upgrading our plant and facilities. We have a vehicle hoist, a fire marshall approved paint booth and enough parts to probably build a couple Butlers and do extensive service on our Moore Roll A Jet.

Ken

Bob Foster

Vawter wants to know when shop night is and wondering if you have any extra purple paint.....

Mike Draper

By myself, whatever it takes, usually pretty easy. However, I don't change cat pump oil. I don't think there is any need to.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Yes,or Butler does it...

Also my schematic that is provided with my Tm,is fully labeled for all size tools needed and parts #S.

I have a onboard parts box for all replacement items labeled and ready.For on the job repairs if need be...

Also from disassembly to re assembly a seperate note book detailing exactly what steps as they are taken...

Pretty bulletproof,I think...I may be fanatical in the things I do,but time is money.An downtime is not my cup of tea.My heater core failure is the biggest thing that happened here in 21 yrs. An I do not regret the experience.Cause it showed me that I am not infallible...

An thanks to Lance Golden ,tds testing of all water we use at all locations is now a mandatory procedure as well as quartely descaling no matter what...

Back
Top Bottom