Who's tried an Electric truckmount?

John,

Seeing that I designed the converter system, I will go ahead and answer that question for you. I thought it was explained in the article by Ed York about me, but I'll go ahead and explain it to you. In the photograph in the article, you will see me holding a box. That is the converter system. This power converting system can be mobile or built into the unit itself. There is a switching sequence procedure to convert the power to 220. In this switching sequence procedure, it reparallels the hotleg in case the receptacle is wired in reverse.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Thank gawd Terry got hooked up with Les. Because Terry is fooking clueless.

Golden Boy

Name
John LaBarbera
I think Terry knew the answer. He probably felt the answer should come from Les.

and in my last comment just to clarify I didn't mean "ow" I mistyped and meant to type "NOW."

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
John LaBarbera,

A lot of time these outlets are out of polarity (hot to neutral, neutral to hot, as I posted above in this thread). That poses no real probelm when used as 110V, but it won't fly on a hookup using this and another 15 amp 110V circuit to create 220V. But I see Les has that covered.

Unless I could direct source a 220V dedicated oulet for power (and most all 220V outlets are dedicated to only 1 breaker, they are not on a loop), I'd rather NOT use the 220V (even if his device switches the legs around, there's still the short amp leg probability).

Besides, you really don't need to use 220V in order to have a very powerful electric truckmount.

Terry, best of luck to you.

Name
John LaBarbera
Thanks Bob for your comments, that was my thought, too. Evidently, according to Les he's addressing that problem. These are all great developments in truckmount electric cleaning. Bob, how about coming out to Mikeyfest?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom