Why are so many people leaving the OP method?

DavidVB

Cotton does clean better as they are more aggressive. You can feel that in the machine. They also will do some damage much more easily as a reuslt. Does a Tuway hold more soil than cotton? They can certainly absorb more liquid. Soak out a Tuway and see what it weighs compared to a soaked thin cotton pad.

Soil removal when padding depends on capillary action. Once the pad is wet out, you will just be moving dirt. Which to use, I think it all depends on the carpet and how dirty it is.

LeeCory

If a synthetic can hold far more water than a cotton pad I would think it would have to potential to hold more soil. I guess the problem would be that it may not absorb as well as cotton.

What pads are you guys using? Are you using Johns Gladiators?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
LeeCory said:
What pads are you guys using? Are you using Johns Gladiators?

I haven't tried Glad pads yet, Lee
I've heard good things about them from others
(not referring to those who sell them either)

I've only used Tuways and cotton personally, in the "real world"

of those two, I think cotton cleans much better.
It should also be noted, we only use OP for loop piles

..L.T.A.

LeeCory

Did a 15x12 job last night that turned out great. I used 10 gladiator pads and 4 cotton pads. I used that many pads because I wanted the carpet to be clean. It did a great job.

One question however.... I tried "rinsing" an area with a wet cotton pad like it's been talked about. The question is, how is it considered rinsing if the water leaves the pad. Of course the water is replaced with soil. But with hwe rinsing usually means that most of the water is sucked back out.

There is no doubt that the machine did a great job, and I didn't have to haul hoses a long distance past crowds of people.

But I was wondering if someone would explain the "rinsing" concept in pad cleaning.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm using that hooked driver that Clark ran on concrete for me and ground the hooks off.

So, now I guess it's a stud driver.

Which is an appropriate name for any machine of mine. :p

all op cleaning does is a quick fix. looks good when ur done, but within a week it looks like crap again. thats cause NOTHING is being rinsed out, just scrubbed around. the best is steam cleaning by far...you'd have to be crazy not to agree

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
A Reel PROFESSIONAL said:
all op cleaning does is a quick fix. looks good when ur done, but within a week it looks like crap again. thats cause NOTHING is being rinsed out, just scrubbed around. the best is steam cleaning by far...you'd have to be crazy not to agree

it's safe to ASSume you're not a big fan of Cimex scrub'n run sCampoo then too? :lol:

you mean to tell me Ricky Cimex and and his army of encRap sCampoo gEEks are wrong when they say things like,

"never better"
"great results"
"Cleaner longer"
"wicking is a thing of the past"

kant be.....
:roll: :roll:

..L.T.A.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Corbin,

That's such a pretty name! :lol:

You obviously have no experience with OP.

DISCLAIMER: I fully suspect I'm being "Paramounted" here. :D

LeeCory

Last week I had a particularly dirty berber carpet that I first ran my Cimex over. It was a residential carpet and I first presprayed with my usual prespray and then just ran the Cimex over it. After doing that it looked "darn good". Then I hwe'd it, and it was perfect. I guess you could say I rinsed it.

Would it have been the same if instead of hwe, I would have used a wet pad to rinse it?

I think a diehard padder would say yes.

Greenie

Ever see a wall to wall cut pile wool carpet ruined with the thickest glider offered?
You'll only get 60 seconds into one of these and be looking for an alternative quick.

Everything has it's place, looped carpets are the home of the OP.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Greenie has lots of experience cleaning carpet according to legend.

diamond brian

Jeff Madsen said:
Corbin,

That's such a pretty name! :lol:

You obviously have no experience with OP.

DISCLAIMER: I fully suspect I'm being "Paramounted" here. :D

Yes, Corbin has Paramount written all over him.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And I want to thank you Rambo for telling me how to scrub stairs with a bucket of shampoo and a brush!

eNACaPSuLATIoN!

Greenie

Tom Servo said:
Greenie said:
Ever see a wall to wall cut pile wool carpet ruined with the thickest glider offered?

No.

brother...been there, it is possible. It's also easy enough to be cautious and start with a wet pad, thick glider and in the corner of a room and watch for that first 30 seconds to see how the twist holds up.

Tom Servo

Greenie said:
Tom Servo said:
Greenie said:

No.

brother...been there, it is possible. It's also easy enough to be cautious and start with a wet pad, thick glider and in the corner of a room and watch for that first 30 seconds to see how the twist holds up.

I did not say it was not possible you asked I just answered. I like semantics.

John C

I haven't read this whole thread, but I do have 20 years experience with OP. Today I was called out to one of my best and pickiest customers. A retired OBGYN, former Admiral in the US Navy who delivered 2 of President D W Eisenhauer's kids and did a historectomy on Mammie. This guy has a Southern style estate here in the desert, and I've been servicing his 27 year white carpet for close to 20 years with OP. He can afford to hire anybody he wants to, and he doesn't do business with people out of pitty. He credits me with extended the life of his carpet, and it has not been easy, but I have done it with OP!

I will explain it in this way: You can spray a car with soap, hot water and risne it, but what remains is a layer of grime. Until that grime is wiped off, the car remains dirty. When I OP, I spray, pad with a damp pad, then go over the area with a dry pad, then another dry pad. If it doesn't look good to me, I re- spray and go over it again with more pads until there is no visible transfer of soil on the pads, and the carpet meets my visual approval. The pads remove that layer of grime. I use my own cocktail of reputable products, and achieve extraordinary results, or else people like Dr. Wilson would not give me the time of day.

We can argue who's better, but it really doesn't matter, as long as I'm providing my customer what he wants, and nobody else has been able to provide that for him.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Defender & the Challenger?

Also, i went on Clark's site and couldn't find the price for the Defender. Maybe Clark, or someone else can tell me the price?

Thanks

LeeCory

Clark posted a special over in the "Suppliers Special" area of this board.

Clark said it is for the members of this board.... and here are the details:

Defender 15, $1395 Defender 17, $1595 Defender 20, $1795

Free Shipping in the US

1/2 Free Shipping World Wide

Any color

These prices look pretty good to me!

John G

Great explanation John, it is what clients have to say about the method that counts.

diamond brian

tmdry said:

Also, i went on Clark's site and couldn't find the price for the Defender. Maybe Clark, or someone else can tell me the price?

Thanks

The Defender/EZ Glide has large rear wheels that support some of the machine's weight during cleaning. The result is a very smooth running machine and the capability of using the machine as a walk-behind to clean in rows.

The Challenger, Conqueror, etc, are not as smooth. Also, the required movement is similar to using a vacuum cleaner rather than a walk-behind.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
LeeCory said:
Clark posted a special over in the "Suppliers Special" area of this board.

Clark said it is for the members of this board.... and here are the details:

Defender 15, $1395 Defender 17, $1595 Defender 20, $1795

Free Shipping in the US

1/2 Free Shipping World Wide

Any color

These prices look pretty good to me!

those are pretty good prices

which one do you have?

I assume the 15 inch would be more than fine for resi n small com?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
diamond brian said:
tmdry said:

Thanks

The Defender/EZ Glide has large rear wheels that support some of the machine's weight during cleaning. The result is a very smooth running machine and the capability of using the machine as a walk-behind to clean in rows.

The Challenger, Conqueror, etc, are not as smooth. Also, the required movement is similar to using a vacuum cleaner rather than a walk-behind.

Thanks for the feedback Brian.

LeeCory

Bill, I have a Conquerer which has done very well for residential and small commercial. I just got the money to upgrade and will be getting the Defender. I will be getting it from Clark because he has been kind enough to respond to my questions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom