Why Buy A Vortex??

Mikey P

Administrator
LMFAO!!!!!!!!

70b8_1.JPG

G

Hey, someone stole my white garage door last night, has anyone here seen it?

Name
Eric Valentine
It runs 4,000' ? How in the hell can you carry that much hose and still have room in the truck? I can match that with 4 DurrMaid heated spotters. There would be equal or better vacuum and heat (when compared to 1,000' of 2-inch running per hose) The 4,000' was a number from John Sales from Steam Action. You could fit all that in a PT cruiser I bet (the 4 spotters, wands, hoses, etc...)

Dolly

When I had my Steam Action Stealth model, it had 4000 ft of hose,
but most of it had to be on it's separate real and carried in another truck.

The Isuzu box did not have enough room.

Those hoses were used primarily for high rise water damage
or very large commercial jobs with multiple wands.

It is a lot of hose............4000 ft I'll tell ya......

Kelly

Ive had a lot of experience working with a company who owns 4 or 5 of them. with a 6014 blower (compare that to the vortex cfm) . the capability of this machine is very impressive, at least to me anyway. but then ive always been impressed with blowers that weigh in more than a big block chevy. ive never actually see the frame work rust either (i personally like the look of stainless steel though) We repaired the exhaust system on one the other day but it probably was time to do that id say, especially after 14,000 hours of almost continual use (the company cleans tons of churches and lot and lots of commercial). 4000 feet of hose wouldnt be to uncommon to find stretched out from this machine. The really funny thing about this type of machine is that when you are Only dual wanding there has to be at least one vac port open to prevent the blower from over heating. Water injection is used as a fail safe to prevent this. The silencer alone for this unit is 8 feet long at least. So you vortex owners should appreciate the shear power the stealth has. I only say that because i know that a vortex cant even come near what a stealth is capable of. So considering the type of machine that is inside that ugly looking truck....maybe it would be good to look closer imagine a machine capable of supporting 2 2 1/2 hoses from the truck to the house. (can you tell im a john sales fan) lol

Little John

Kelly said:
maybe it would be good to look closer imagine a machine capable of supporting 2 2 1/2 hoses from the truck to the house. (can you tell im a john sales fan) lol

Most Vortex owners run two 2 1/2 inches hoses into the house all day everyday. The Vortex is ported with three 2.5" from the factory

Kelly

the stealth has 4 ports
so maybe it can run 4 21/2 inch i thought you usually used 2 of the vacuum ports to support 1 21/2 my mistake

Chris A

Name
Chris
A f*cking garage door, Jesus H. no wonder he's shutting down.

Greenie

The funniest thing is those BIG SteamAction machines are capable of much more, they are just choked back, the Vortex is the inverse of a S.A. it's a 600 cfm machine that is optimized, I personally wouldn't pay $50K for a slide in that was choked back, it's actually kinda painfull every time I meet an owner of a SA machine, cause i know he just overpaid and it could easily be fixed with a couple of simple changes.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mikey P said:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!

70b8_1.JPG

ditto LMFAO, that pic is worthy of being at the top of mikeys board just to make people laugh

I think a vortex is alot more machine!!! It seems like everytime I go into a local suppliers I see one of those stealths getting worked on, they have a bunch of tubes that run across the top of the machine, from my understanding these where designed for another application and where only made to handle 150 psi, I think the machine is an overbuilt POS

Kelly

actually the stealth has 8 inches of port opening from the waste tank to the manifold bolted on top of the blower itself setting the inlet opening at about 8 inches as well. The outlet of the blower is approximately the same diameter as the inlet. If you look at the outlet size of the silencer in the picture you can see that the discharge port from it is also about 8 inches in diameter as well. Id hardly call that choked. If someone really wanted to compare apples to apples....one would be more apt to compare the Vortex unit to a Zerorez Zr1 machine, since Zerorez, formerly Aquacare which is formerly Venturi, used the Vortex machines. That was until they started building their own units doing away with old fashioned heat exchangers and went to a diesel fired heater. I find myself wondering why they got away from Vortex in the first place. Hmmmm I personally think its kind of funny how people are so quick to dis a machine they don't have much experience with. Especially one that has more balls than anything that's being made right now. I also personally find it funny how quick people are to dis something that they couldn't make themselves anyway', let alone build it better. LOL TTFN

Greenie

Kelly,

I just had a SA with a 59 in my shop today (which is interesting cause I thought John favored the 56 blowers), I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I will say your math is a bit off, 4 two inch hoses do not equal a 4" port, let alone bigger. And when you couple those 2" hoses to a plastic barbed connector, it's less than 2", so you aren't even getting a full 2" diameter.
Fortunately I know you are a better mechanic than a math teacher.

The unit I saw today, was very well built, very simple, very solid, just had some choked down intake plumbing, this fellow is gonna trip when he converts the machine to 2.5".
I've had several ask for 3" and 4" manifolds for the blower with multiple 2.5" ports coming off(what I call the octopus), but I told them they would also have to change out the tank fittings....too much work, so we just work with the wand side of the tank for now.

Those in-tank blower filters are silly, do they really use the tiny filters on all the machines? Seriously, I'd just take em off, the tank has a 2ft. lint bag.

Dom Agostino

I have to agree with you Greenie, those in-tank filters are silly and the lint bags I think are close to 3 feet but you won't believe the amount of crap that collects on those filters.

Steve G,

Overbuilt POS?
150 psi?
Have you ever worked with one of those machines?

Dom

Greenie

Heya Dom!

I was checking out this guys filters, he had worked most of the day, so I got a good look at the "average" build up, I would have to say it was all very small lint, obviously what made it's way through the bag.

The machine does not have a blower HX, it's just a 4" discharge to the silencer, so I would be okay with the lint passing through the blower.

I'd just rinse it out with water every couple of days and wind the blower out til it's dry. I truly believe the vacuum restriction on those tiny fine mesh filters is gonna prove more damaging at 19"hg then the lint it's self passing through steadily throughout the day.

There are units out there that have no blower filters, in service for 15 years, so them blowers are tougher than we are led to believe as long as you prefilter.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah dont get me started on those dumb ass blower filters...good lord, those button things suck err dont suck..haha

anyway i almost imploded mine after i overfilled it on a T&G job and then forgot to clean them out...next carpet job i was on, i couldnt figure out where my vac went....uhhh oh yeah dumb ass...pulled them out and they were damn near turned inside out...

all this from a 36 blower.....damn i love my new exhaust setup

Greenie

Damn....you are right Lee.

But...I was specifically referring to Kelly's post about an 8" intake.

Kelly said:
actually the stealth has 8 inches of port opening from the waste tank to the manifold bolted on top of the blower...

That said, it's still not a fair comparison, splitting any single conduit multiple way is not good for airflow, turbulence etc...and don't forget those 2" hoses have to slide onto a barb of some kind reducing the inside dia. to 1.75" or 1.875 in a best case scenario.

As a final note all the 4" intakes I see SA make only have 2 or 3 hoses running off of them...major restriction, that 59 recently only had 3.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom