Why did'nt they call the last Co. back?

Top 3 reasons are!

• I couldn't remember who I used

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sloppy workmanship(nicked corners, foot prints on hardfloors etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Most people can't remember those two things 2 seconds after someone gives it to them, let alone 6 months to a year later.

Example: "I'm single again, that super hot chick at the party 6 months ago said she would screw me 6 ways till sunday whenever I wanted. WHAT THE HELL WAS HER NUMBER!?!?"

Get the idea?

Great illustration :lol:

Somehow I don't think that one will be repeated at SFS though...........

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Brian Robison said:
Magnets have been my best friend since I started carpet cleaning companies.
Now that my custy's get reminders and thank yous going back 2 years I am getting even more repeat customers.

Yes, you worked too hard to find that custy to have them forget you. Give them a Magnet and send love letters. Magnets are the best marketing investment you could ever make. Check out Magna Plus. http://www.magnaplus.com/ They guys that call saying they can give you a great deal on custom magnets resell from this place. If you want something simple they have the best price. If you want something totally bad azz this is the place for that too.

hurricane

Home depot was advertising there chemdry services over the stores speaker system, had to laugh, they were boasting the BS like it was the one and only way to clean your carpets. Wonder how rug doctor feels about that?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Just spent some more time at magnuplus.com. What a shithole of a site. I mean, mine is bad, but come on! Specials page is under construction. The rest is like reading a Caeser post.

Is that your side business?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Jim Pemberton said:
Its not that they can't afford it; its that they don't want a stranger in their home.

A very, very, very small percentage have a good relationship with a carpet cleaner that they have come back on a regular basis.

People have no reason to remember you if that's all they get. Their experience with us is rarely an emotional experience, or at least rarely a good one.

Give them a refrigerator magnet, a calendar, a thank you card, send them a post card or newsletter, but do something to be remembered. Otherwise, if they pay you and they get clean carpet as a result of paying you, you're "even". You will not be remembered if you are "even".
Folks, I sure hope (for your sakes) that Jim's observations don't get lost in the general rough and tumble, barbed witticisms and snarky put downs that make this site so addictive.

There are two basic routes to success in this industry:

1. Anyone who can IMPLEMENT Jim's philosophy above in their personal dealings with the customer as an owner-operator will make a good living in this business- guaranteed. Or ...

2. If you then choose to "clone yourself" by INSTITUTIONALIZING these concepts so that your employees can consistently do this stuff you will become wealthy from this industry.

Either one of these routes to success (I call it "Emotional Dynamics") work- what "doesn't work" is to do business the way the other 99% of the carpet cleaners out there do it- because they by no stretch of the imagination could be called "successful".

Thank you, Jim, for a very thought provoking post.

Steve
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS I heard it expressed once this way: "People only buy two things- 1) a 'solution to a perceived problem' and 2) 'good feelings'." I would add that IF you can consistently provide both of these things to your customers (and especially if you can deliver "solutions AND good feelings" through employees) you will become wealthy from your carpet cleaning business.

Walt

Steve Toburen said:
PS I heard it expressed once this way: "People only buy two things- 1) a 'solution to a perceived problem' and 2) 'good feelings'." I would add that IF you can consistently provide both of these things to your customers (and especially if you can deliver "solutions AND good feelings" through employees) you will become wealthy from your carpet cleaning business.

This is why I read Mikeys Board.

The Preacher

Walrus said:
The last guy shampooed my carpets for 4 years before he steam cleaned them.

I'll never call him again.

I'm sure he went thru my underwear drawer too.

:shock:

Brown streaks up or down???

MArdy said whitie tighties, Luddy tells me boxers with cartoon chacters???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom