Why do most CCing business fail??

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'll share what I heard the reason most fail is.

I heard it 12 years or so ago at a UCCI meeting

The question was asked, and NO BODY answered it correctly.
Not sure i can quote it exactly, but it will be something similar

The reason most fail?

Low self esteem

Those words caused a fearless inner search with in me.
And made a profound difference in my biz.

I first heard that from a friend of mine who is right here on this board.

Mr Jim Pemberton

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Unrealistic expectations!

New cleaners getting into the business expecting to get rich quick, only to find out it's hard work.

Then they lose interest and the swirl begins!:shock:

It takes time, a a motivated business owner.

Becker

Name
Becker
Guys start up in the spring.

Spend to much on equipment, then contract advertising. All is good till winter comes.

Lease payments are still due, Contracts are still due, no savings because the past 4 months were so good they thought why save. It is a gold mine!

Poor people skills.

No drive.

I've started a CCing business twice.

1st time I was a kid. I did it slowly, did not owe anyone anything. $100 was a lot of money to me.

2nd time was about 6 years ago.
This time I jumped on the fast track. I busted my ass, got my name out there. Passed out fliers, mailed letters to property man companies, followed up with thank you cards, referral requests, reminders.

And by doing so I made more only in my 1st 12 months with my new business, than I did in any 12 month period of time the 1st 12 years.

Drive will build a business. And the lack of it will kill a business.

I have been on autopilot for the last few years. Now it is time to fire up the drive again.

Al

That rule doesn't just apply to cc, lots of new start ups are failures.

brzelt

Name
Bruce Zelt
I agree with those above.

Looking at people as a whole brings me to another answer.

Most folks start something then give up. Examples could include that persons hobbies or interests.
They come and go. It is in their makeup as a person. Do they stick to things come good or bad?
______________________________________________________________________________________
Lets take up golf, first 6 months "hey this some fun stuff, just look at the beautiful outdoors".
Second 6 months "I suck at this game, but I will try a little harder" One year "Golf clubs seen for sale at their garage sale"

Hey I like to make things. Fella buys the best woodworking equipment, then proceeds to build a box.
6 months later, he has spurned the woodworking because surfing is the next best thing..........need a good deal on tools?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
If you are hungry, you will find food. If you don't have the motivation to get the food, you will starve.
I will not go back to a corporate job.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Lack of confidence might be a more accurate term, and lack of wisdom might be more accurate.

The person starting the failed company is a tech and thinks like a tech. They made $9 per hour at their last job and if they make $25 an hour with their own business they think they've struck it rich. They don't see the value in formal training, joining an industry group or attending industry functions; after all, they can get all the news they need on the weather report.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would say that businesses fail because the first year or two they are under capitalized and have no fall back income.

I have been very lucky to have had a great job while getting all of my "training" down. The thousands I have wasted have been a great learning experience. Thank goodness for a great wife and family. I just left my job January 1 and am going to sink or swim now. I am waiting out my yellowbook and Verizon Yellow page contracts to expire, which will free up income for mailers and such ($450 a month in Yellow) Now I have a garage full of equipment and a box truck with a truckmount and off to the hunt. I learned more on the boards than I have from classes. I do think the very first thing a person should do is get your certifications and while in class ask a million questions. When they have demos be the first to say "Let me" and never turn on someone who has helped(which I see on the Red Board occasionally) I carry around with me all the emails, best strategies posts and the emails from all the people who have given me advice and I read them each time I have some down time to get my mind thinking about the next step. I never had to worry about eating (289lbs this morning) so hopefully all the learning will pay off now.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
I got your point Larry, and agree 100%. The search for wealth (happiness/freedom - whatever...) starts from within. You either want it bad enough to look deep or you don't.

Surfs up...

GRHeacock

I started 3 businesses that failed- each one for different reasons.

Mainly under capitalized.

2 with partners. One was a crook who wound up in jail while I was working.

1 was a drunk that instead of putting the money into the business, he would drink it all up.

Finally, no partners, and sufficiently capitalized, it became a success.

Had nothing to do with manufacturers or salespeople, or self esteem.

Gary

Brad_Smith

Spending too much on low quality marketing material (especially HP's error ridden material).

Hint. give 10 percent referral fees and save a grand.

Brad

markmark

I think that Greenie nailed it. Every tech that brings in good dollars for the boss thinks that he should just exclude the boss and make everything. Meanwhile, they have no business sense and would make anything for the company..... if the "boss" was not constantly on their a**!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Lack of self-confidence.

Undervaluing your services for fear of losing jobs to cheaper competition.

Thinking like a carpet cleaner instead of the ideal carpet cleaning client.

Most have too little experience in business, money management and accounting.

Lack of self-discipline.

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom