Why don't the big boys use Glides?

Mikey P

Administrator
Companies like Coit, SS and Hagopian can not afford to let their chimps use a Glide that much I understand, but what a about middle sized companies like DA Burns or Clean As A Whistle?

Last I heard those two (and I'm sure many more sized just like them) do not.

They both charge enough to give their Techs enough time to pre vacuum, pre spray and agitate so why not let the workers and the home owner enjoy the benefits of a Glided wand?

Anyone care to speculate?

Greenie

I know this may be premature, but I just thought I would edit Mike's post.

It should read Why don't MOST big companies use glides....cause some do and religiously.

Greenie

Can't and you know that, but rest assured I have sent orders for 25 units at a time to some multi-truck companies, and they use 2" wands, so there is hope for our industry not to be all production based hacks.

Scott Rogers

If they thought is would fit these business model, they would make there own glides so cost wouldnt be a issue.

Atleast with Stanel, they make most their own equipment anyway.

I feel the main reason they dont use them is they care less about the ware and tear on their employees as they do about the speed the job gets done at. The dont/wont pre vac so hair and debris would be a issue and the dont carry anything to prescrub with except a rake.

Truth is the are more appearance management rather then a good deep cleaning.

Greenie

Scott Rogers said:
Truth is the are more appearance management rather then a good deep cleaning.

Exactly, but then again, what else does one expect for a $49 coupon?

Name
Kevin McCreary
Some franchises that have strict guidelines will use glides some day.

The problem with franchises and the reason I'm not in one anymore is for just that reason.
Always a day late and a dollar short.

I cant tell you how many times I told my franchisers about something new
and they had to "run it by legal" an "R&D" etc,etc.

So when they finally got it approved every one and their brother had it.
I laugh when I see chem-dry took 25+ years to finally use HWE and
Truck Mounts. While we have it mastered they are still learning it.

breathe72

Our local SS uses them.

A Stanley Steemer truck was cleaning across the street from us this last June.

I walked over and struck up a conversation with one of the Steemer dudes.

All he could talk about was "dude do you guys have glides on your wands?"

He kept saying how great these 'glides' were.

About 6 months later, I discovered Mikeys Board and there was more talk of the Glides.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
the guys that do the cleaning are not the ones making the purchases and the people that make purchases generally aren't on the truck.

when i worked for a large local company they replaced my truck one year it took 2+ months for the "special ordered" box van ...what was special you ask....NO AC or FM radio

hogjowl

Idiot™
Because the business model these guys use is one of fast and effective cleaning. Not the absolute best, but adequate, with fast being the key word.

If any of you fools try to argue that a glided wand helps you clean faster, then I'll know for sure we are infected with a boat load of ICS cleaners here on Mikey's board.

Prevacuuming alone accounts for around 25% of my cleaning time.

If you're going to make money doing fast, and efficient (and effective) carpet cleaning, then you can't have your hacks wasting time vacuuming.

To each his own, but you can't tell me that bulletin board cleaners are the one's making the big money in this business. We're too busy buying glides, 2 inch wands, 2.5 inch hoses and posting on the internet.

Those guys are out making money.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
COITus interuptus,

I was just looking at the drawing above it looks like a fallas, is that where the stickin it to the little guy slogan came from??

as to the companies who aren't using glides, mikey keep in mind that some cleaners are so damn close minded they will be using the same tools and chems for the next 50 years no matter if there are products that are way better, I still have people tell me they don't like glides, I also see that most suppliers are too much of a pussie to carry them, so I really think there are still boat loads of people who don't even know about them because of the lack of suppliers stocking them

G

admiralclean said:
We're too busy buying glides, 2 inch wands, 2.5 inch hoses and posting on the internet.

YEs, but with distractions like that who needs money? Besides all the Internet cleaners that you mentioned worked for those so called big guys at one time or another and decided that there had to be a better way. And now that they are chEErleaders for the MoD MFR's they feel morally superior to their former chiMPs. and that alone is woRth the toiling and abuse of theSe foRUms.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm gonna send Ken the used hole Glide as a reward for his wittiness.

He may want to unplug the holes before using it to stir his Mocha Frappe.

Hey Ken did you find a willing tech to do a Hot Seat yet?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'd like to see Ken make a crack about Evan and Larry Cooper in a circle jerk and see how long he lasts there.

Your all better appreciate my juvenile sense of humor.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'd be gone quick over there Mikey if I did that. When I first heard of the boards a couple years ago and you and I were in a pissing match Evan chastised me for taking it a little too far.

By his rules he was right, which is why I am here now more than there.

Todd~ that was almost creepy and no I do not have a web cam :shock:

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
My guess is that it's because they're waiting to see where the other shoe drops, regarding the legal stuff. To not get used to them in the first place is better than, if they go to a glide, then can't get them any more, from a bean- counter mentality...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom