Why I turned a newbee onto this board

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I was at JonDon today getting a part. There were only 3 of us in the store at the time, me, another very young guy and the manager.

The young guy was starting his business today, loading up on everything the manager thought he should have.

Asking this and that, he asks about greenglides. I told him it would be the best buy he would possibly ever make.

Also advised him on not needing every chemical produced but rather start with the basics and go from there. I suggested a prespray, rinse, solvents, stain magic and so forth.

He told me he had worked for another cc'ing companies and wanted to make the big money.

No formal training just work experience. I suggested some classes and this board.

His last question was when I was leaving, what's this? I told him it was a carpet rake. What do you do with this he asked.......

I learn every day also, just trying to help.

JohnnyV

You truly are one of the good guys Vincent. I don't think Al would sell him a bunch of crap he didn't need. It must have been Brian or Mike. I wish I would have had somebody to keep me from buying a bunch of stuff I really didn't need. Hey will you come hold my hoses out of the snow for me tomorrow?

Johnnyv

G

Vincent would be a good guy if he'd get that stupid Cowboy logo off his profile.........Go Seahawks, F the Cowboys!

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I always thought Vincent was a cool dude. But you got to let it go, Vincent. Emmett Smith retired many years ago. The Cowboys will fold if they make it to the playoffs, just like the Bears!!!

Way to go, Vince

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
They cowboys are the hottest team in the league right now and only gonna get better. They are very young and are gonna be real good for a long time to come. Parcells has built the team the right way through the draft rather that trying to buy a championship with free agency.

G

I was in the Chicago store about a year ago...and watched them take someones american express and charge 52k on it. Guy never cleaned carpet a day in his life.

Sad thing was that he left with 20 cases of home spotter.

Guys phone no longer works either.

Chad

C

C. Copplepot

This is the Best BB out there IMO. I have turned a few people onto this board and the red board. The blue board is kinda lame.

BTW the cowboys are a contender, but the hawks are healthier and starting to look good so watch out. I really do think the bears will lose it in the playoff and get knocked off in the first game. Chargers and the colts are looking good in the AFC.

G

The NFC is high school ball on its best day

SD
COlts
Ravens... teams to watch..

the rest are pretenders..

Oh yeah.. and the pats.. (never count them out.)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Vincent is a good guy!

I just don't like his choice of football teams, can't stand T. O.!

Brian is a closet Bears fan, he emails me after each game.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yes, I'm sure Vincent is a wonderful guy, but telling a new by to come here, or any CC bulletin board is not necessarily the best thing you can do for him or her, unless you also offer to be their BS monitor for whatever period of time it takes for them to be able to grow a set of antennae long enough to recognize the BS for themselves.

Imagine starting out pricing bulletin board prices and triple method cleaning every house?

Well, I'd be there all day and working for $50 per hour in my market, if I did that. Not to mention the fact that working in a suit and tie, or a white lab coat, and calling all my customers "clients" might just mark me as being just a tad bit too odd to let in the house.

I'm glad it took me 15 years of profitable cleaning before I came here and learned I was doing everything wrong.

Greenie

I tell the new guys to stay away from residential, everyone wants to clean for Mrs. Piff, I say stay industrial/commercial, you can't screw too much up, you will learn production and when good enough is good enough, and you don't have to be purty or wear a tie, and you won't immediately need a TM or to charge $52K on your Amex.

I also tell newbies about the boards, and 1/2 is BS and 1/2 is pure gold, they have to decide which half.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom