Wild "fire extinguisher" restoration job

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I got a call on Sunday from a church being vandalized and 3 fire extinguishers (ABC models) being set off in a church. Thought maybe just small area. Nope, everything in the church affected. The church foot print is half a city block. Everyone in panic and me thinking Wow! This is big. The adjusters, said words I can't print here, but were in agreement. I have had a crew of 30 people that work for us coming and going for the past 4 days and we finished it today at 4:25 pm. I want everyone to know I am usually a pretty small owner/operator business, but you can pull off jobs such as this with great help as we have. There are challenges such as thousands of dollars of damage, a huge payroll for me to pay in 11 days and an ecstatic church membership! I get the chance to go in tomorrow and draw the building up in Xactimate. Our crew did awesome and I might actually get some sleep tonight. What a stressful and great experience all at the same time. We so love all our friends and family that worked so hard to make this happen. They even made us the front page of the newspaper. Sending a copy to my parents in the morning. It would take me quite a LONGER post to tell you about the difficulties of cleaning up fire extinguisher and especially with the parameters we were given, but if anyone runs into something of this nature, I am sure willing to share what I have learned with you.

Hope you all are having a great 2010 as we are.

Mark Saiger

Jerry McMahon

Sounds like a fun one.

It was nice meeting you at connections last year, Good to see your staying busy.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You too Jerry! Things are still "Slamin" around here for us. Very tired tonight. Just vegin by the computer tonight until I fall asleep.

Mark Saiger

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've had a few over the years.

You need to treat them like mold, not as in PPE, but filtration wise.

Containment and critical barriers, HEPA vacuums, air scrubbers so as not to redistribute particulate. Easy cleaning, it's just everywhere and becomes airborne very easily.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Exactly what we found. Cross contimination nightmare and similar to a mold job. Lots of chambers and negative and postive. Huge job and a lot of hours. We had to blow things off, then hepa vac, then wet clean and sometimes things were handled 4 to 6 times. We got it done, but wow, what a lot of work and expensive.

Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom