Will a big truck machine, ever fit in an extended van?

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Since getting my maxx470. I absolutely love the power, but its just like anything. You want more. I would love to have 900 CFM. Do you think anyone will make a true PTO machine in a normal van. I mean, the truck would not haul as much "stuff" but the machine could certainly fit.

With the cold weather up here, and the trees, I just could not see the practical use of a box van in everyday situations.

What do you guys think? I think someday, a big machine will be made...hopefully a PTO powered unit. I would prefer a machine from a large manufacturer so I have some support from my supplier.

Bob Foster

If you are looking to high performance in implies high flow. If you are inclined to carry your own supply and/or waste water then you have run out of room in an extended cargo van.

I am assuming the minimum water you would need to carry would be 200 gallons. Supply tanks whether empty or fuel take a lot of room.

A new Ford LCF with a custom low height box very similar to a Vortex or Aerotech costs $36,000. Now you have room, a big billboard, a vehicle that turns tighter than an extended van and a diesel engine that will exceed the full economy of your typical extended one ton cargo van.

Consider looking at the Ford LCF with the new Butler style boxes. Those are real practical rigs from a dimensional point of view.

FYI
The Sterling truck is a Mitsubishi Fuso with a different grill and decals. They arrive at the same yard in California and get their grills and badging put on there.

Go to Supreme Truck Bodies and take a closer look.
1a8d67d1.jpg

557d9136.jpg

vancomparisons2.jpg

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
or get yourself a sprinter lwb and be very happy, tons of room and great mpg more comfy then a box truck

Mikey P

Administrator
Dont let the trees scare you away from a box truck. Get a VAT sized box and you'll do fine.

I work in a red wood forest all the time and have no real problems other then they are hard on my vinyl.

lance

I wonder if that box truck comes in dual axle? Put in a Big Daddy and 2.5 hose and that would be a really cool set-up.

Farenheit251

I don't think a PTO run off an aftermarket A/C clutch will ever be able to power th large blowers like a dedicated PTO on a diesel truck. My new Big Daddy will have a 6008 blower and the footprint of the machine and 100 gallon dump doesn't extend past the side doors in my van.
The v8 350 is probably overkill, but I don't understand why manufacturers don't use a good four cylinder car engine with a proven history instead of these tractor/forklift motors that come and go every few years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom