WILL I REALLY MISS THE HEAT?

Tony Wilson

Name
Tony Wilson
so I've been an Everest 408 owner for 10 years now. Really considering a new Hydramaster CDS salsa. More space in van and still low roof so I can access all my low hanging tree drive way customers. Lol. Anyway I keep hearing from some fellow carpet cleaning friends "your gonna miss the heat". Any CDs owners out there have any advice?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If your customer base is greasy loading dock offices, you might have to use a stronger pre-spray or use a rotary tool.
Otherwise you'll be fine.

Reactions: Tony Wilson

Tony Wilson

Name
Tony Wilson
That's what I'm thinking. Most of my customers are low to medium soil residential. Once in a great while I get a nasty but not often.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
The CDS with the Salsa has respectable heat maintain 220 - 230. Going from an Everest 408 I can't imagine that you will be giving up that much heat.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I thought the salsa package had pretty good heat, how much heat do you need? we run propane burners on both trucks and cant imagine needing over 240 for anything we do

Reactions: Bob Savage

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
We run 3 CDS Salsa units, buying another in the spring. They get HOT, I can't imagine a cleaning situation where more heat would be needed, or couldn't be easily overcome with a little stronger solution or more agitation. We love the layout and the space with the CDS as well as the specs. They're great for us!

Mikey P

Administrator
We run 3 CDS Salsa units, buying another in the spring. They get HOT, I can't imagine a cleaning situation where more heat would be needed, or couldn't be easily overcome with a little stronger solution or more agitation. We love the layout and the space with the CDS as well as the specs. They're great for us!
Any chance you'll go with an Xdrive?

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Probably not. I'm worried about the unibody transits that will only have a 3.7l V6. Doesn't seem to me that it would hold up nearly as well as our Chevy Express 6L V8 3500 trucks, and I'll need it to haul and do the same stuff.
One of our units has the smaller V8 and we've had a ton of problems with it, it just failed at 160k. Maybe I'm wrong.

Tony Wilson

Name
Tony Wilson
Probably not. I'm worried about the unibody transits that will only have a 3.7l V6. Doesn't seem to me that it would hold up nearly as well as our Chevy Express 6L V8 3500 trucks, and I'll need it to haul and do the same stuff.
One of our units has the smaller V8 and we've had a ton of problems with it, it just failed at 160k. Maybe I'm wrong.
Yeah. That makes sense. The larger 6L seems like it would handle the high idle better. Do you think the smaller engine gave out because of the heat of running stationary?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
cleanking said: ↑
Yeah. That makes sense. The larger 6L seems like it would handle the high idle better. Do you think the smaller engine gave out because of the heat of running stationary?
Run synthetic oil to eliminate the chance of sludge build-up and no truck engine should be prone to heat-related failure.

The smaller GM engine needs to be ordered with a tow package to protect the transmission and power steering (extra coolers) or you should add those bits yourself. The 6.0 comes with that stuff now, as well as a more durable transmission.

In 14 years of running a fleet of GM vans we've had only one engine related problem. A valve spring shattered and the pieces jammed the valves open and dropped into the cylinder and scarred it. Manufacturing defect in the spring.

I guess we'll see which unibody trucks with smaller, higher output per cc engines not just last mechanically, but are as solid as an old Ford or Chevy van once they got some heavy miles on them. Some newer vehicles with plastic intakes, stamped steel exhaust manifolds, or plastic hoods and fenders. just seem like gum wrappers - crunch and toss when they show wear.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom