winter time tm

KOOSER55

I have a maxx 470 and its starting to get cold and i dont have a climate controlled storage unit for it yet so im trying to figure out what is the best heater to put in it while its parked in my drive way also ive heard about thermometer that i can use that has an alarm on it that i can set to go off when it gets down to like 35 degress. does any one have any info on the heater or thermometer ?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
There are a number heaters that have a thermostat installed on them to keep your van regulated at a certain temp so you aren't using electricty the entire night. You can pick them up at any hardware store for $25 to 50 bucks.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
bob vawter said:
Don forget the ice scrapper, to get the ice off the INSIDE of yor windows!
You only build up moisture and ice on the windows IF you use some kind of unvented petro fueled heater that produces moisture. No moisture produced with an electric heater so no ice unless of course you leave your waste tank full of warm water.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Baltimore isn't known for bone chilling weather, is it?

if that's the case, a good quality 1500wt ceramic space heater should get you by on most nights.
Depending on how cold it gets, wind, and how well your van is insulated, it might not do the trick though.
(especially cause it's parked outside in the elements)

Some guys use a van blanket.
Mark Cermack posted a pic of his set up once.
maybe if he sees this thread, he'll add his advise.

also, be advised, don't use anything less than a 12 gauge wire extension cord if using a space heater.
And no longer than you need.
ie, if you only need a 25ft cord, don't buy a 50 ft'er

My van is an uninsulated cargo van.
It's parked in a drafty, unheated pole barn.
On bone chilling cold nights, space heaters aren't enough.
i use a small (11,000 BTU) kero convection heater and small cheap fan to circulate the hot air.
The windows MUST be cracked or the flame will smother and cause a sooty mess in the van
(ask me how i know that :oops: )

As Kevin mentioned, there will also be plenty condensation caused in the van when using kero or propane heaters
it beats the alternative of a frozen TM and gear though

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

On really really cold nites I put a 100 watt drop lite next to the pressure pump. :mrgreen:

TimP

Rex Tyus said:
On really really cold nites I put a 100 watt drop lite next to the pressure pump. :mrgreen:

On really cold nights I just park mine in my garage that's when it's expected to be 15-30 degrees. Wasn't a problem the past 2 winters.... :D

Rex Tyus

My wife gets the garage. My shop has my son's 68 mustang all in pieces waiting for him to sand and paint.....Like that is ever gonna happen. :evil: :evil:

TimP

My wife gets the garage too :D Only 1 car stays out......I can actually fit all of three in but it's a tight squeeze.

Hard to see the grage with my big ass van covering it in the picture but you get the idea

IMG_2395.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
This should be all you need

thermo.jpg

Now, I am in a garage but the temps are below zero here.

I like the inline thermostat I haven't found a heater that has temp. settings.

Nevermind the thermocube to the right.

Able 1

Name
Keith
To tell you the truth I took it out of the package for the pic. never used it once(showing the options). It might work just fine but I like the adjustable because if it's going to be real cold i'll jack mine to 40 degrees.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom