Winterizing

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Today I tried winterizing a unit for the first time. I thought it would be convenient to not have to worry about my steamway 2100 freezing while I have the engine worked on (I think it needs rebuilt) and finish setting it up in a box truck. I felled the water box with windshield washer fluid (methanol) flushed out the fresh water and circulated wiper fluid though the system including the waste tank. Am I missing anything?

Hey RON :) , G-Floor SUCKS! :( Warps up when it gets warm and oh yea, kerosene melts it.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
green antifreeze is the best.. wind sheild washer fluid is ok but the methanol in it can dry out seals and doesnt seem to keep from freezing as well as glycol.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
dry out the seals in the pump? Should I flush it out and add glycol? the methanol says it's good to -20F

Ron, It warps up when the sun hits it. maybe becuse I glued it down and added baseboard then sealed the edges.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Suck all the water out of your water box & soap box. & add some antifreeze.
Lube your blower & let it run for 5 minutes... Drain the waste tank & leave the lid off.
Add QC's to all your tools, input & output/solution lines...
Grease all the fittings & put some belt dressing on the belt...
Clean the electrodes on the heater...

AND DO NOT FORGET TO:

Pray!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the sun doesn't hit mine, its in the truck.
I just sealed the edges, didn't bother gluing it down.
It bubbled a little when I pressure washed it with hot water but it settled down again after, just like bubbled carpet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom