Without Service Monster...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would be soooooo screwed right now.

I couldn't keep track of this work to save my life without a program like this.

Yeah Yeah, I know... other companies do it.

It just makes my life that much easier.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have no one in my office im always in the car. I schedule my appointments in the car. I have 2 books... one for carpet cleaning the other one for maid service( house cleaning) All i do is drive around do estimates and check employees work.. how can service monster work for me. I dont sit in front of a computer and do my schedules.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
joeynbgky said:
I have no one in my office im always in the car. I schedule my appointments in the car. I have 2 books... one for carpet cleaning the other one for maid service( house cleaning) All i do is drive around do estimates and check employees work.. how can service monster work for me. I dont sit in front of a computer and do my schedules.

Laptop. Some of the guys use the laptop to work up the estimate on SM and print it out. It works very well. I am close to taking that next step. It is very impressive in the home in front of a customer. Plus the price comes from the "computer" and not from the "hip". Customer has a tougher time arguing with the "computer".

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Ok what kind of setup would i buy for the car. a mini laptop, and what printer? my tech handwrites bills. And i dont have time to pull over and type on the laptop. i do good to handwrite the address while im driving.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Just get a laptop with an aircard. The good thing about SM is its web based so you can connect to it anywhere as long as you have a connection.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
boazcan said:
joeynbgky said:

Laptop. Some of the guys use the laptop to work up the estimate on SM and print it out. It works very well. I am close to taking that next step. It is very impressive in the home in front of a customer. Plus the price comes from the "computer" and not from the "hip". Customer has a tougher time arguing with the "computer".

Oh that's good...I like that one.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Have you added Mikeysboard for a referral source yet ?

Huh? What?...What are you saying??

Oh, gotcha...nobody has found me on Mikey's Board as of yet.
As far as I know....
Should I?

duckster

Ok what kind of setup would i buy for the car. a mini laptop, and what printer? my tech handwrites bills. And i dont have time to pull over and type on the laptop. i do good to handwrite the address while im driving.

HP350 or newer battery operated USB printer.

rick imby

Name
Rick
The newer mini laptops (called nettops) that weigh 2.2 to 2.5 pounds are awesome. My dell will run for over 6 hours on one battery charge.

I bought a jumper box from Costco $70. It is designed to jump the battery in your car. (it also has a air compressor built in) You can plug it into a wall to charge it or you can plug it into your cigarette lighter in your car while driving. You can get a 110 converter and plug your printer and computer into the jump box also. Works great.

Salt Lake City Carpet Cleaning Kalispell and Big Fork Carpet Cleaning Spokane Carpet Cleaning Carpet Cleaning

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If I was on the truck I would do that.
Great idea, it's been said on here before.

I do like the idea of having a little laptop with me to schedule.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You can get the laptop stands on Ebay, there's a guy on there that all he does is sells them, they're pretty cheap. If you go to van accessories sites it's pretty expensive. A friend of mine has one from the seller on Ebay, he said it was pretty steady.

If you have a smart phone such as a blackberry or others, you can "tether" it onto your laptop, this way you won't need an aircard, but if you don't have a smartphone than you're best bet is the air card. I use my 8900 Curve Blackberry w/ my laptop, connect it to the usb and now I have high speed and can still answer calls.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom