Wonder if today will be my day....

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Spew Fire and Roll Smoke out your ears on their asses..

GM dropped the ball on that turd wagon........ tell em you don't want it

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
6468_1.jpg

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mikey P

Administrator
This is the day I finally broke out of the house after a week frozen and snowed in. Below zero is pretty rare here, as is a foot of snow. What made it worse is the thick layer of ice under it all. I live on a hill with a difficult driveway, hopefully I'll be better prepared next time.

Did you Biff?

Reactions: GCCLee

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well....

I had it at the dealership over night...

they backed it outside and had it running for an hour and half....rattling like crazy....

The region rep was about an hour late...

It had sat for about 30 minutes since they forgot to restart with the Viper Remote.....

Started up...couldn't get it to make any sound...maybe a couple quick clanks...but even brought back to my shop and on the incline always noise....

NOPE....(stupid fookin..*@*%#$^%#$) :dejection::dejection::dejection::dejection:

So They are crawling around and Region Rep says he bets its the catalytic convertors and Y pipe from the motor...has them order one to put on next week.:errf:

I asked how could that take out the transmission....it can't really....:errf::errf:

Ok...well, we will see and probably will have some cold weather again...but I am not going to be around much in next 7 weeks, so my son in law will be in charge of things...

I almost don't care right now....Will see and deal with more headaches as they come I guess...but talk about stress....I am maxed out!

Mikey knows more of many things going on...I already have typed way more than Marty will read....

Here...you tell me your thoughts....

Keep in mind...this is a GM situation...and an unusual one...so don't throw others under the bus...and it's a machine...I just happened to get one with a problem out of thousands....

I can't even fault anyone right now....except be pissed about it just to be pissed about it and life :dejection:

Loudest damn pipes ever heard in my life....

FAST FORWARD TO 1:38 FOR THE GOOD STUFF!

Reactions: Nomad74

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
This is the day I finally broke out of the house after a week frozen and snowed in. Below zero is pretty rare here, as is a foot of snow. What made it worse is the thick layer of ice under it all. I live on a hill with a difficult driveway, hopefully I'll be better prepared next time.
don't break a hip Lee.....

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
@Mark Saiger does the automatic transmission transition into gears smoothly as you accelerate and deaccelerate? Any loud noise as those occurs? Any jolt? No check transmission light?

Doesn't your Butler utilize double heat exchanger system for high heat from engine? Does that affect the catalyst converter that your GM regional suspect? Dunno much about Butler systems designs...

I dunno, it really sucks man. I really hope it gets better for you soon. If it was me, it probably put me out of business...:eekk:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Lee, What temps are you dealing with?

Mark, what a hassle! Not cool at all.
Lows near zero last week and a half, lots of accidents, even interstates closed for hours each day from semi accidents. Lots of stupid drivers.

I just looked at Redding CA weather, amazingly moderate even though farther north than here.

Reactions: SamIam

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Lows near zero last week and a half, lots of accidents, even interstates closed for hours each day from semi accidents. Lots of stupid drivers.

I just looked at Redding CA weather, amazingly moderate even though farther north than here.
Man. You can’t even imagine my world then, lol. Yeah it sucks in the summer here. 118 degree days are common. An ice chest loaded with water is a must.

Much respect for all you guys in the flyover states dealing with ice.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
when I first returned to California I had to learn to understand broken English.

this helps me understand clank da de clank--
Your Van is saying: "I want to go back to Phoenix where its warmer" :smile:

Good luck Mark!

Reactions: Nomad74

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Sorry Mark that sucks

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

ohh that sound is so familer...
loose motor mounts will take out a converter ?
bendix tickin on the flywheel?

i've heard that vary sound:evil::evil::evil:
:headscratch:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Sounds like a red bull can is stuck in the exhaust. Do you know any good mechanics, that can put that on a lift and listen underneath while running. My mechanic has a stethascope to pin point troubles like that.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
This might seem like a stupid question. Does it make just as much noise if you were to back it up the incline? If it just something loose it would change the angle of it and maybe not clank or not clank as much. If that is what is wrong. Then it might narrow down what they are looking for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom