wood floors

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
what is a good basic methode to clean wood floors? can i use a 175 rpm floor machine and ? pads? i looking to mostly clean and shine up without adding a finish. any ideas?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Hi speed buffer (1500 rpm or so). White or tan pad. Very light mist with water,with about 10% floor finish in spray bottle. Sweep and or vacuum well and often.

Someone will be along shortly to sell you something.

:-)
Lee

fresh1

a 175 will work fine. white pad to cut the crud, then some terry towels to buff dry.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
You guys are all funny. First of all do not use a high speed buffer 175rpm is all you want. Follow these directions

1. ..sweep the floor
2. Mop the floor (use bridgepoint wood cleaner or pine sol type product)
3. Take and put a white buff pad on your 175.
4. Let floor dry completly then buff (if you buff while its still wet it can catch and damage the finish. Do not heel the machine at all)
5. Once area is buffed flip the pad and buff again

If your cleaning because of a residue issue then use bridgepoint wood cleaner in ur mopping solution.

Also dust mop after you buff if you get fuzzys From the pad shredding on snags. Check out my web site I do hardwood floors a
lot. Feel free to call or email me if you have more questions.
814-547-1848 or candscleaningllc@gmail.com

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Well I beg to differ.

I mop with a product called Super Shine All. Then I use my 1500 rpm electric burnisher and a pad I have had for so long I don't remember what color/type it is. It turns out really nice every time.

Ken.

PS "alot" is spelled "a lot"

Name
Lee Stockwell
C&S said:
You guys are all funny. First of all do not use a high speed buffer 175rpm is all you want. Follow these directions

1. ..sweep the floor
2. Mop the floor (use bridgepoint wood cleaner or pine sol type product)
3. Take and put a white buff pad on your 175.
4. Let floor dry completly then buff (if you buff while its still wet it can catch and damage the finish. Do not heel the machine at all)
5. Once area is buffed flip the pad and buff again

If your cleaning because of a residue issue then use bridgepoint wood cleaner in ur mopping solution.

Also dust mop after you buff if you get fuzzys From the pad shredding on snags. Check out my web site I do hardwood floors alot. Feel free to call or email me if you have more questions.
814-547-1848 or candscleaningllc@gmail.com

I can make $700 much faster cleaning and buffing wood floors than cleaning carpets.

40 years great experience. Of course don't buff "distressed" floors, even with a 175. However a 175 cannot make the shine "pop" like a high speed. Higher rpm will work, experiment on a safe floor to get the feel of it.

I don't use pine sol or any agressive cleaner, except for rat nasties.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Before you go and take a high speed to a wood floor you need to be cautious to check floor condition thoroughly as you can easily burn the floor as well.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
While I agree that a high speed machine can be used on some wood floors, it is not what I would suggest to a person just starting to clean wood floors and asking basic questions.

Start with a 175 RPM machine. I like to use two pads under the floor machine. The extra pad serves as a shock absorber for floors that are not really smooth or have some raised edges.

Bridgepoint does sell a wood floor training DVD, but I help create and produce it. So, I get some free copies to hand out. If you want the wood floor maintenance DVD, send me an Email or PM with your mailing address and I will drop one in the mail, no charge.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I spelled out the cautions very clearly.

Any tool can be abused. That's why we should learn safe craftsmanship when using them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom