Words of wisdom from Lee Pemberton....

Mikey P

Administrator
Who Is Mining The Miners?

Beware The “GURU’S” !! They have discovered it is far more profitable to sell marketing packages to cleaning professionals than it is to function as cleaning professionals themselves!

In the last few years, I have noticed a marked increase in industry “Guru’s” who hold themselves out as experts in virtually everything, but most especially in marketing!

As I make this statement, it is not a reflection on the quality or validity of all of these “guru’s”, but rather an indictment of the cleaning professionals who refuse to do the basic things that they should be doing as cleaning professionals.

So, in effect you are the miner who is prospecting for the cleaning “gold”, and the “guru’s” are mining you because you don’t choose to use the inexpensive tools available to you!

I must caution you that not all of these “guru’s” supply a good product, and even the good products don’t work on their own. No one can package resolve and commitment, the key ingredients to successful marketing.

Lee Pemberton, from 6/6/08 "Clean Tip"

Brad_Smith

Summary. JP, HP, GG are looking for suckers.

I was a sucker. got HP's stuff. Paid a grand for little content. Just bribe people 10%. Material's were made by a high schooler.

JP's stuff is Dan Kennedy old school knock off.

George is just retarded.

Have a local guy here...JP follower now try to become a marketing guru...one of his customers (now mine) thought he wasnt't in business anymore. He is though.

Rambo

I have read over 200 books on business/success and have bought HP and JP and others. Most wanted to stroke my ego by reinforcing I already knew. Some get on the latest buzzword (like branding) and beat it to death. Some of the books bored me to tears and insulted my intelligence before I could finish them. We need to forget branding, and who moved my cheese (I don't even like cheese) and thinking outside the box (I'm not in a box) We need to get back to the basics of running a good business; hard work, treating our customers like we would like to be treated, stay in contact with them, showing up on time in clean uniforms, doing more than our customers expect and give back to our communities from which we extract our living. This is just MHO and I agree with Lee even if he is from Pittsburgh.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The key to success is be proud of what you do and keep promoting it. I make jokes about myself when I am golfing because my friends no all the tag lines but everyone they run into they promote me.

I was at a BBQ tonight and the wives were all talking about what I did at each of their homes and it was because my big puss was there to be made fun of or about, how I am in always selling my services in a jokingly way. It works. I am not ashamed or embarassed by what I do and I tell everyone (within reason) how great my service is.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
mikey you are on to something I have been thinking alot about lately, you hear about all these get rich with realestate deals and all of the many other deals, well lets just use joe polish as an example, one has to wonder if all these gurus be it in the CC biz or other trades are so great at what they have to teach you, then why the hell are they not out doing it themselves and making hordes of cash instead of trying to sell their idea on how to make hordes of cash

hogjowl

Idiot™
Why?

Well ... let's think about that for a moment, Einstein.

Let's say YOU have the marketing savvy to sell yourself to either of the two markets. You can sell yourself and your services to a horde of new cleaning customers and then manage the crews necessary to service all this new business, or you can sell yourself to carpet cleaners and let THEM manage employees and deal with cleaning customers.

Which would YOU choose?

I deal with the cleaning customers cuz I'm not too good with putting up with idiot cleaners.

Greenie

I deal with the cleaning customers cuz I'm not too good with putting up with idiot cleaners.

Quote of the month?

Cameron1

O.K. I can't believe I let myself get sucked into this thread, but here's my take on it.

Everyone seems to relish in the fact that they are so good at what they do, and then they want to tell us how they do it ,and then they want to tell us how we can do it too......just like they do it......"it's so easy"

What most of you/us fail to see is the plain simple fact that anyone with half a brain can have a very successful one truck carpet cleaning operation. It's when you aspire to seek the next level that you will encounter the need for the other half of your Brain . You might also want to seek out other people who you think might help you.

Over the years, it has amused me that the ones that are the most viscous and vile against the so called Guru's are the very single truck operators that are using half their Brain.

Or to use Marty's anology, "idiot cleaners"

harryhides

Name
Tony
So if Steve has half a brain what does say about the size of Marty's brain?

One of the biggest (in every way) and most vocal of JP's fans and long term Platinum member worked in my town. He went broke and is now out of the biz.
He did have extenuating circumstances but the point is, it's IS all about implementation and motivation. Nothing wrong with the methods of the gurus and if you need them to motivate you and organize so be it.

Marty, just what makes you think that you HAVE to deal with any carpet cleaners let alone "idiot ones" ?
Sounds a bit elitist and pompous to me....

After posting 20,000 Dumb Assed Posts for close to a decade, one would think you would have figured this out by now.

:idea:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That CamerOON JP mini me is just too sensitive!

Hehehehehe!

Rambo

Ya'll have to forgive Sir Loin of Pork, he has spent it all. In those over 20000 posts over the last decade, he has regurgitated all he knew, all over us and now has nothing left. He still makes me laugh. He is the "Don Rickles" of the CC boards. Thanks Marty for several years of laughs.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
No the funniest (and saddest) part of the whole damn thing is this....

THEY TELL YOU WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW...

the few "free" seminars i have heard and read through did nothing but reinforce what i already know...not really a whole lot new stuff

so with that being said and known (DUH)

here is some new advice on how to make it work....and i will expect ohhh $250 should cover this great new news...

HIRE SOMEONE TO KICK YOUR ASS OUT THE DOOR, SO YOU CAN GO TALK TO SOME PEOPLE....HIRE THEM TO FOLLOW YOU AROUND A LITTLE, AND KICK YA EVERY TIME YOU THINK ABOUT TURNING AROUND....

that will be $250 please

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
One of the best seminars on marketing I've attended was presented by Chuck Violand. He started his talk by holding up a pair of shoes with worn soles and put them on the podium, then held up a phone and put it on the podium, and said, "GO."

The rest was just details.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I now buy my shoes from the goodwill...just like my underwear.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom