Working alone - CRB and TM Hwe

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
When cleaning an occupied house, what procedure do solo operators use to prescrub with CRB and HWE with a TM?

I currently use a CRB and portable, I work room to room. Prespray, scrub, rinse, groom - on to the next room. I don't have to start/stop a TM or have hoses running through the house. I spend more time with the CRB than I do with the wand.

steve_64

I take in the electric sprayer and the crb. Spray several areas and scrub till it's all done. Then set up the TM and steam clean.

On larger obs say more than 5 rooms I might do half at a time.

Unless I have help then I spray while someone scrubs then I extract behind them.

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I prespray the whole room or house, depending how much carpet is there, prescrub all the high traffic/heavy soiled areas only with the crb, then HWE on my way out.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Not one of you hacks ^^ have mentioned vacuuming!
I'm not asking for a detailed step by step. Just looking for big picture. ex. Prespray and scrub the whole house, then set TM up and extract or work each room start to finish.
That is how the answers were given.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I just try to do the best cleaning I can with the least impact on the homeowner. Being fast and efficient definitely lessens the impact.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
That CRB compells you to get a helper.

Well, it's been compelling ME.

Excellent question that you asked.

Depending on the home, I'm not sure I save any time over using a RE when alone.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Using a TM in a home is probably fast enough that you can prep all the rooms first, then extract before the prespray dries.

Using a porty, I prep two or three rooms, so by the time I get there the prespray had plenty of time to dwell. Vacuum everything, then prespray, CRB, HWE. Repeat until woreassed out.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Steve Lawrence
I send two guys one pre vacs the other runs wall guards and hoses, starts pre spraying, vacuum guy then CRB's , pre spray guy then starts wanding. Both back up hose and move furinture while dropping fans.
Cool that you've got your system and your guys rock it.

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Normal operation for our guys in a home (we run 1 man on a truck) that has 3-4 bedrooms, hall, 15 steps, LR, DR, FR is as follows:
Start upstairs
Load-in/stage all equipment
Pre-Spray entire upstairs (bedrooms, hall, and stairs)
CRB (if needed) all areas
Begin extracting working their way down the steps, moving furniture, turning off lights and turning on ceiling fans if applicable, etc.
Pre-spray all 1st floor rooms and repeat the steps.
Follow up with protector if applicable, groom, power dry if requested, etc.

So to answer your question, pre-spray 3-5 areas at a time, CRB, and extract, then repeat.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
From what I understand, your asking if you spray and scrub the whole house or stick to the room by room that your doing now with a porty. The answer to that is... IT DEPENDS. The longer the carpet sits with the pre-spray on the carpet dwelling the better it will work. So ideally you should spray and scrub everything first. However if the pre-spray dries, then it isn't effective anymore. So depending on lots of factors, we will spray and scrub as much of the carpet we can clean before the pre-spray dries. In hot weather we treat less because the pre-spray dries faster.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom