Working it!

Mikey P

Administrator
Last Wednesday we attended the Best Of award ceremony with 200+ attendees.
Saturday the editor of the paper invited us to sit at their table for a 200 plus Chamber gala.
Tonight I was invited to the Main Street Gardnerville committee mixer. 25 or so biz owners who work to restore and reinvent our down town area. Great connections made..
Tomorrow is our Carson Valley Biz2Biz monthly mixer.
Next Thursday is our co hosted Jim Bardwell event. Loads of realtors coming.

Not a single other rug sucker in sight at any of them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
20161109_092658.jpg

20161109_184938.jpg

I spent 2 days in class becoming a certified Steramist applicator.

Ok so maybe I just took pictures while they became certified. lol :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Basically the same.

Before I sat at my desk and did my thing (not play with it...anymore). Now they will apply Steramist and I'll still sit at my desk and do my thing...and not play with it.
:winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Last Wednesday we attended the Best Of award ceremony with 200+ attendees.
Saturday the editor of the paper invited us to sit at their table for a 200 plus Chamber gala.
Tonight I was invited to the Main Street Gardnerville committee mixer. 25 or so biz owners who work to restore and reinvent our down town area. Great connections made..
Tomorrow is our Carson Valley Biz2Biz monthly mixer.
Next Thursday is our co hosted Jim Bardwell event. Loads of realtors coming.

Not a single other rug sucker in sight at any of them.

Oh Gardnerville.... Maybe I'll open a weed dispensary there now. Give people something to do.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
By the way I'll be down there Thanksgiving! If it's not a blizzard will be out the night before at JTs and Bucarroos.

Reactions: Mikey P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Drove by our mayor's house and since he was out raking, told him one of his dadgum goats was out. Again.

Ingredients

2 pounds goat meat
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
3 tablespoons canola or olive oil
2 tablespoons Jamaican curry powder
3 scallions, sliced
1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, minced, optional
1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
Add Checked Items To Grocery List

Directions

Special equipment: a pressure cooker

Add the goat meat, allspice, seasoning salt, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon grated ginger and 3 cups water to a pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.

On the stovetop in a deep pot, add the oil, curry powder, 1 tablespoon minced garlic and 1 tablespoon grated ginger and cook over low heat until all the ingredients combine together in a paste, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the scallions and habanero peppers and let simmer 2 to 3 minutes.

Add the goat and cooking liquid to the curry paste. Add more water if necessary, and simmer until tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Be careful not to overcook as the meat will get mushy and fall apart.

Add the potatoes to the meat mixture and simmer until the goat is tender and the potatoes are cooked, about 1/2 hour more. Serve hot with accompaniments.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jamaican-curried-goat.html?oc=linkback

Reactions: dgardner

steve_64

What should I do with this venison a customer gave me this morning. He cleaned out last year's to make room for the young buck he got today.
KIMG0157.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If it's been frozen for a year, check carefully for freezer burn. Venison can sometimes be tough after being frozen but makes great stew. If you want to do steaks, tenderize them first or marinate them with a vinegar based marinade. Can be smoked as well, just hard to keep the damn things lit.

Reactions: dgardner

steve_64

If it's been frozen for a year, check carefully for freezer burn. Venison can sometimes be tough after being frozen but makes great stew. If you want to do steaks, tenderize them first or marinate them with a vinegar based marinade. Can be smoked as well, just hard to keep the damn things lit.
It was wrapped good and dated Nov 1 last year. No freezer burn Snell yet so I think it's good

Made two pots of chili the last two weeks. Might just cook some in butter and onions with mushrooms on the side first. I've got about ten pounds.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom