Wright Place? Sure Hope So...

CraigT

Name
Craig Tyler
Full Name- Craig Tyler

Company Name- Westpak USA, Inc.

Owner or employee- Employee

How long in the trade- In and Out totaling around 5 years. (Company about 7 years)

City and state- Garden Grove, CA

Website- http://www.westpakusa.com

Phone number if no website (PM me with it if you wish)- 714-530-6995 or 866-972-5777

Are you a member of a cleaning association? No

Are you a supplier or manufacturer? Manufacturer

Services offered (carpet, rugs, uph, water damage, leather, repairs etc)- Wands, Detail Tools, Stair Tools, Valves, Hard Surface Tools, Motors, Pre-sprayers, Product Support, and other parts and accessories.

Main cleaning equipment owned- Don't own any equipment, but we're most known for engineering the soft or feathertouch valve.

How did you find Mikey's Board- I attended the Mikeyfest in Feb 09 and came here to find out about it shortly before then.

How can we help you- Product reviews, user opinions, and just generally staying in touch with the pulse of the carpet industry.

How can you help us- I'll give you a nice discount and free shipping on most orders ;). As I've only been in the industry a short while I don't have the wealth of knowledge that some of you do. But I do know about Westpak products and can give support and advise on these when called upon.

Am I missing anything?

Bob Foster

Welcome aboard. Now start fitting in before we think you're some kind of a freak trying to get free advertising like that Vietnamese guy.

-JB-

Name
JB
Now start fitting in before we think you're some kind of a freak trying to get free advertising like that Vietnamese guy.

:lol: :lol:

welcome fellow dirt bag!

Bob Foster

We take great pleasure in bringing out the worst in people (and the best if you're a useful kind of guy).

So what you got for free?

Think carefully before you answer that question....

CraigT

Name
Craig Tyler
Greenie? is he that new guy?

just playin, he's a good guy, he'd be even better if he ordered more :p :lol:

free? I've got a kid I might part with. My sister has even more, so chances are I could give away one of hers.

so about myself, I'm the marketing guy in Westpak so if things go sour I'm to blame. I attend the majority of the shows that we go to, I work on the website, design the flyers, create the emails, etc... (If I'm bugging you or you find a misspelled word I'm the one you yell at.)

Personally, I enjoy working on cars, riding bikes (dirt, street, road, and mountain), working on computers, design graphics and marketing materials (nice to be able to do something ya like eh?), and play the occasional video game.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
CraigT said:
I'm the marketing guy in Westpak so if things go sour I'm to blame.

Awesome, I've waited 4.5 years for this... :lol:

Basically for us down under guys, you company back up service on faulty goods was non existent!!
"We'll give you a free wand but you must pay to ship us the faulty one and then pay shipping and handling charges and import/customs duty on the new one back... oh yeah, we MUST have the old wand in our hands for evaluation before we ship the new unit"

Not how ones runs a good company based on SERVICE in my opinion. Was that supposed to be an attractive deal for me? MY distributor had your company acknowledge that there was about 5 of us guys out here that got the dodgy wands, yet still we were supposed to live without our wands for weeks while we shipped both ways.

...doesn't matter, I sold it and bought 2x CMP's instead.

Heath, you want to carry this one on?

John

CraigT

Name
Craig Tyler
You're right. That doesn't sound like good customer service or the way we should be running things. If you run into or with us in the future I hope your experience is better. I'll be the first to admit that we've had our fair share of mistakes made. I also know that we've been working with a few other distributors down under that have had a positive experience, so hopefully in the last 4.5 years we've learned from some of our mistakes.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
John - you told me it was your favourite wand :shock: :shock:
:mrgreen:

Craig, I do now have Johns old Westpak and use it daily. Yes there were streaking issues on dirty commercial carpets and it was frustrating. I've tried different combinations of jets and now I've decided to go with 110's all the way accross, which gives me one hell of an overspray but seems to work okay. I've also stopped using the ss jets and gone to brass as the ss jets seemed to distort wickedly in a very short time, whereas the brass seem to flow better for longer (also ss jets are nearly 50 bucks each down here compared to $5 for a brass one..).
Actually I'm really happy with the wand at the moment and bought some bits from another Mr Tyler there - is he your dad?
I can see myself getting a new 4 jet Westpak soon - everything is so expensive down here by the time retailers and freight get involved - I really envy the guys in the US being able to get a nice new wand for under 2 or three grand :cry:

Welcome to the board!

CraigT

Name
Craig Tyler
Thanks Heath! and ya Mr. Steve Tyler is my dad, does most of the engineering and I work closely with him. One of our wands was titled the zebra wand because it had those issues you're mentioning. We've tried several things among them changing the nozzle size, adjusting the manifold, and designing new manifolds. Hopefully we have those all taken care of now so when you get a new one then it'll be just fine. I'll make sure I do some asking about that because I'm quite interested in quality control when it comes to our products.

Every time I look at the shipping fees for international orders I cringe a little inside because it's so high.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom