Xactimate Competitors? Online28 issues recently?

HCC General

Name
Paul Herron
I am SOOO done with these guys, but it seems I am stuck with them. I have been hearing about some competition but not sure if it is insurance company proprietary or not. My latest tale of woe begins on 9/27/16 when I was facing a whole-house burn estimate and NONE of my macros would work. They show up, but ONLY the first line item gets pulled in the estimate when I retrieve macro. So, I spend an hour on chat with tech support- regarding xactimate28 online version. They can't fix it so they escalate it and give me a support number reference, so I won't be charged additional charges TO FIX THEIR screw-up. I end up on with him for 30 min or so and he thinks he fixed by eliminating spaces that were somehow put in my macros "possibly due to a system update"- so I think it is done. SURPRISE, it's not...so I call back and spend another hour on this...the latest discovery is that I cannot retrieve scope- so on a whole house burn I will have to enter approximately 600-700 line items MANUALLY. He comes up with a "work around" by using copy and paste as opposed to retrieve scope...so I think my issue is resolved and they said they would work the "ticket" I was given to make the repairs I needed...that was 9/27 and today is 10/12- still not fixed. Call today and was told the senior technician working on my ticket is not in and they are working with a developer...so......is this in India or something? I may have to just go to installed version- but it takes so much space that the online version seemed great and has been trouble free since I began on it in 2014 and has just taken the grand dump...anyone else on 28online having similar issues recently? Know of any competitors?

BTuttle

Name
Brian Tuttle
Online stinks. I've used installed version for nearly 15 years. Just changed to online because of clients needs and nothing but issues. Grrrr
I'd recommend placing it on a server and remote doing remote access if space is an issue. Everyone I talk to is having issues with the online version.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom