Xactimate discount question

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Can anyone of you xactimate wiz guys tell me if there is a area where you can take a discount off a bill on drying equipment? I was placed on a vendor program for New York Central Mutual/ NYCM and have received 3 claims this week. They require a 10% discount on rental equipment in that I don't have a issue with, my issue is how do I give the discount on Xactimate billing?

K&J Products

Name
Ken Horvath
I have not used Xactimate in a while. We just use Quick Books.

I would like to make a suggestion. Use a discount line and don't discount the actual Line Item. Example: Charge full price for the Air Mover and then give discount on a separate line item. I believe it is a slippery slope too lower your individual line item charges as it can be expected in the future. We lump the discount in a single line item accomplishing the discount without lower any individual prices. I hope I explained so it makes sense and realize you may have already been thinking this based on the structure of your question.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I do discounts in QuickBooks all the time but they want it off the actual Xactimate bill, when I was ServiceMaster we did our bill and when corporate scrubbed the bill they did the discount. Maybe Xactware needs to make some changes to allow this.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Just make your own discount line in the first section of your xactimate bill.

I have never done it but should be able to do it.

Do they have their own specific price list that you can download from xactimate to use on just their claims?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Can't you use decimals in the quantities to show the discounts or put equations in still?

When we were on vendor programs we would do it as this. Say 1 room needed 3 airmovers and it was 3 days. Instead of doing 9 units total we would type in 9 * .90. Same with drywall removal. If you removed 20 linear ft 2 ft high you would just type in 20*2 to get the sq ft where you enter in quantities.

Tom Sedwick

Name
Tom Sedwick
You can edit the specific line item pricing and add a note that explains why the pricing was changed. That's how I would do it.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
That is what I have now been doing the last few claims the insurance company had send me, the price resets itself back.

Tom Balmes

Name
Tom Balmes
Global changes will allow you to adjust pricing by any % required. Highlight the item (or items) you want to adjust in the line item entry window, then right click to open menu and select Global Changes.

Choose Factoring in the drop down
In Categories, choose Select
A window will open, click on the code in it (should be WTR) then click "OK"

Look in the Activity Factoring window, Equipment uses the + action, so you'll only need to change the setting for Replace.
Change the drop down to Decrease, then enter 10 in the Factor cell, and click OK.

You can also adjust all the equipment line items in a folder or multiple folders from the Grouping window in Estimate Items tab. Highlight one or more folders and right click to get into Global Changes and follow steps above. If any items you don't want adjusted are in a folder with equipment, you can check "Pause and verify" checkbox at the bottom of the window. This will let you skip over items that don't apply.

Tom Balmes

Name
Tom Balmes
If you are looking for an easy way to change the pricing of any line item, click on its folder in the Grouping window and then click on Components (located below the Estimate Items tab at the top of the screen).

In Components the labor, materials, and equipment costs for line items are broken down and you can change the individual unit prices. This works for equipment, but you'll have to do some math to get the pricing where you need it. Its more useful for changing material prices when Xactimate isn't accurate. You'll be able to save and export your estimate without the price resetting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom