Xactimate line item for screwing up my holidays?

danpauselius

I was an hour and 15 minutes into my 3-4 hour trip out to Long Island to see family for Christmas on Friday afternoon. My cell phone rings with an emergency water job. We pulled over, moved all the suitcases and presents from my parents car to mine and I took their car back to go to work.

Turned out to be a monster cat 3, class 3 loss at a medical group building. Lots and lots of demo work too. Tore out a bunch of rooms today and found plenty of mold. Going back in the morning and will probably be there until 9 or 10 at night.

So, now I'm home ... all alone for the weekend.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Sorry to hear that, but it will help your bottom line for 2007, I guess that the best way to look at it!!

Scott

danpauselius said:
I was an hour and 15 minutes into my 3-4 hour trip out to Long Island to see family for Christmas on Friday afternoon. My cell phone rings with an emergency water job. We pulled over, moved all the suitcases and presents from my parents car to mine and I took their car back to go to work.

Turned out to be a monster cat 3, class 3 loss at a medical group building. Lots and lots of demo work too. Tore out a bunch of rooms today and found plenty of mold. Going back in the morning and will probably be there until 9 or 10 at night.

So, now I'm home ... all alone for the weekend.

So you want to be a restoration expert, huh?

You need trustworthy manager/techs to take your place.

Scott

Driguy

The years i was the lead water tech for a restoration company i had no holidays off.

it was a solid guarantee that some stupid shizz would go down SOME WHERE that would cause me to work through Christmas, thanksgiving, newyears, 4th july, etcetcetc.

the life of a restoration technician.

TimP

I would of tried to refer it to another company in the area that was respectable. I would of told them I was out of town if I found someone that would do it. Only if I couldn't find someone to take care of it would I have drove back. Although if it was cat 3 I wouldn't of taken it myself anyway.

Tim

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I can't tell you how many times I have had to bail out of a family activity to go to a water loss, the only thing that makes it bearable is knowing the fat check I will be getting.

danpauselius

As it turned out, there was some family friction that went down and I'm glad I missed it. So, basically, I'm getting paid to not hear an argument ... works for me.

There were 4 other restoration companies called ... all turned down the job. We could use the extra cash for our planned marketing blitz in the Spring so it's OK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom