Xentherm problem

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
what does it mean when you come out of a clients home and your therm oil has been sprayed out on the ground from your diverted exhaust
last week his valve did not release and drove it around town before he noticed the problem

He says that there is no oil in the water.

no this is not my truck it is a friend of mines..............mine is running fine.......(except for the water tank issue that I will be working on starting the end of next week.thanks to the good guys at AT. ..but that is a whole other post............ :)...... )

G

The diverter valve needs to be cleaned. With the AT heating system this would never happen.

Dave

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the valve was cleaned and fixed....................

this is the after math of the diverted sticking shut and him driving around before noticing it.

Could he of cracked the HX and that is why it is throwing oil.

and yes I like the AT divider valve nice design. I think it is $800.00 to change mine over.......

G

After it was fixed it is leaking? I would have him call Aero Tech. I think that is a possibility. How long did he drive with it stuck? If the exchanger is bad he can convert the truck to the non oil system.

Dave

G

When I had mine the diverter stuck shut once and I drove from Tempe clear up to Anthem, over an hour. There was shit (I mean Oil) everywhere! It actually melted a hose underneath the bed AND one in the box.

I had to find a hose repair place, and about $300 later, I was back in business. Sorry Jim I can't answer your question better than that. That's kind of the "Vortex" way.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
yes it started leaking after

not sure how long...........I guess he looked out the mirror and saw the black smoke billowing out the side..............

I think he cracked it............................

but wouldn't he have oil in the water ???

Mikey P

Administrator
The latest Diverters being used by both AT and BL can and have stuck.

It's the very heart of the whole system and requires maintenance regardless of what they tell you.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I looked at the one in Vegas and it looked pretty fool proof

Now I did not take the time like I should of and dug into it

but there has been a few others that I have talked to about it
(and no they were not AT owners) that all felt the same way........

I really wish I would of paid more attention to it ............

I am sure if it is not taken care of it will give you problems just like everything else......It just looked like it was less of a head ache...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom