Year of the audits.....

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Just wrapped up an audit with the state for unemployment compensation. One of our employees was flagged and she needed to come out and verify 4 years of time sheets, pay stubs, bank statements, petty cash records and cancelled checks looking for inconsistencies between what was claimed and what was paid out to this person.

While we were doing it, the mail arrives....and I have another on site audit from our Workers Compensation policy (also through the state). They also are looking for payroll records and reports.

Very nice lady. On the plus side I had everything ready for her. She told me I was the most organized person she ever dealt with and it was a pleasure to work with me. And I have all the stuff from this audit for the Worker's Comp one. Just a PIA in having to take time to get all the info together and spend hours going through everything with someone.

Fingers crossed that these are the only two and the IRS doesn't pop up! At least my accountant would handle that one....but then it would cost us a ton to pay her to do that.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
We get a workers comp audit each year...he says he wants to come, I say im busy, asks me to send them my QB P&L and Balance sheet, and they leave me alone. Good luck

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Had a labor audit once and was fined $700.00 for over working my son who was under 16 at the time.

I also had two IRS audits, one cost 3k the other broke even. She found 4k I owed but also 4 k in credit due us.

Every time they camped out here for a week. :eekk:

They were very polite but I was damn happy for them to go! :shifty:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Hired a bookeeper the first year. Love 'em.

Hate sending fat checks to any level of government when I have to work with second hand equipment.

Local business license is an example. No reminder before 12/31. A reminder arrived two days ago to say that late fee from 01/01 to 03/2 is 15%.
The late fee from 03/03 to 04/03 is 30%.
The notice was printed on 02/22.

Damty envelope, mailed from SEVEN MILES AWAY was sent on 03/03.

The buzzards.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
We just got a notice that our workman's comp insurance company wants to do an audit. Any idea what I need to have available for them? Payroll paperwork, taxes from last year, anything else? I'm assuming the company will be back in contact because I had to turn down the first date/time they proposed.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HOW TO GET THRU AN IRS AUDIT:
#1...obtain two large plastic garbage bags
#2...invoices in the first
#3...receipts in the 2nd
#4..tie up the ends real good...so as not to lose any
#5..on the day of yor audit you wait out in the room wit all the other loozers
when they call yor number...pick up sED two bags...walk into the correct cubical
and (now this is real important) WITOUT being a smart ass set the bags down on his desk

jus the look on his face will make the whole effort completely worth it....

first one that speaks loses............

now heres what happened to me.....he opened the receipts bag first and like a Karnak joke on the johnny carson show.covers his eyes and reaches into the bag...
pulls out a receipt...50' GARDEN HOSE????
so i had to explain how we hook up to the water......

so now he's getting a little worked up covers his eyes again and pulls out a receipt
for an extension ladder......sooo he smiles and sez...OK wth do you use a ladder in the CC business for( ohh he thought he had me).......
i simply told him about my eighteen foot ceiling that i needed to change lite bulbs with....
musta been time for lunch cuz he tol me the audit was over and i could go now!!!

my bookkeeper who was with me sED she NEVER saw anything like it.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom