You guys who do vct

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
joeynbgky said:
Nope just the autoscrubber. to much water pressure can damage older tiles. or rip them up

uhhhh worse yet, why use (and F up) a 15k machine to do the work of a $65 wetvac???

or a cheap autoscrubber...

you pull that stripper slurry through a blower and you can just start the meter for when its gonna lock up

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
one of my guys used the spinner on some tile that had lotsof mud under it.. I told them to be carefull with it,. I was sick as a dog and couldnt go. thank god they only tore up 2 tiles. before they stopped... Autoscrubbers are not cheap and i need a new one. one fell off the trailer last week on the freeway.. Yup and I did it. :)

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
floorguy said:
joeynbgky said:
Nope just the autoscrubber. to much water pressure can damage older tiles. or rip them up

uhhhh worse yet, why use (and F up) a 15k machine to do the work of a $65 wetvac???

or a cheap autoscrubber...

you pull that stripper slurry through a blower and you can just start the meter for when its gonna lock up

Indeed, use a squeegee and a wetvac. Some wetvac have the attachment that has a squeegee already on it.

TimP

I bought a nobles typhoon. It does an ok job. It's time consuming so the auto scrubber seems like the best choice. I don't don't do enough vct to buy one yet. Nor do I really want to do that much vct. But if demand comes who am I to turn down work if they are willing to pay my price.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
It works but the grungier the tile floor the grungier the tank is going to get/be. But it's that way with/on carpet too. Except the stripper slurry can re-harden in your tank/hose/release hose. Make sure you rinse out your tank.

It sounds silly but I'll say it anyway... turn your pressure down to around 400 psi. With that said any janitorial supply will have a floor tool that will attach to even the cheapest wet/dry vac and that would be a much better way to go on small jobs or when you have a small equipment budget.

check out this link I found... http://www.cleancraft.com/SearchResults ... ry+vacuum+

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom