You just never know what will get you in the door.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just got a call to do some tile and grout from a woman who I hadn't worked for in years. She's replaced her carpet with wood floors and had no real reason to think of me again, except for the fact that her tile grout had become horrible. While I was estimating her job (and trying hard to remember being there before) she told me that what made her think of me was two things.

1) my ServiceMonster postcards. She said she had finally called me after several months to tell me to stop sending her the cards, because she replaced the carpet with wood. I sort of remember that call.

2) the fact that I used corner guards. I thought that was funny, but maybe nobody else around here uses them.

I was expecting her to tell me it was my superior cleaning, fast drying, or my looks.

Name
Bruce
We had something of the same happen to us, lady calls and ask to removed from the mailing list because two years before she purchased hard wood floors. While my office staff (Wife) was working on removing her from the list she also explained that we do Tile & Grout , and furniture cleaning. The customer says , you do furniture cleaning? of course we do , then she asked to be kept on the mailing list.

Two weeks later I was at her house to clean her furniture , she had very large are rugs in every room on every hard wood floor , I also cleaned those rugs that day LMAO .

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I just got a call to do some tile and grout from a woman who I hadn't worked for in years. She's replaced her carpet with wood floors and had no real reason to think of me again, except for the fact that her tile grout had become horrible. While I was estimating her job (and trying hard to remember being there before) she told me that what made her think of me was two things.

1) my ServiceMonster postcards. She said she had finally called me after several months to tell me to stop sending her the cards, because she replaced the carpet with wood. I sort of remember that call.

2) the fact that I used corner guards. I thought that was funny, but maybe nobody else around here uses them.

I was expecting her to tell me it was my superior cleaning, fast drying, or my looks.

you do have away with making a lasting impression I will give you that.....

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
There was another current thread that asked "How long before a old customer is removed from a mailing list".
Personally, I could not think of many reasons why I thought anyone/address should be removed unless removal is requested, and even if so, it can still be converted to a "sale", so why ever remove anyone/address?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
...it can still be converted to a "sale", so why ever remove anyone/address?
Good point, Frank. We tend to get all paranoid and figger that our customer has categorically rejected us and made a firm decision to go with our competition for the rest of their natural life. Not so and the Admiral's post perfectly points this up.

Steve

PS So it is your choice on when to "prune your list". But my guess would be much later than you are emotionally inclined to do so.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
We had something of the same happen to us, lady calls and ask to removed from the mailing list because two years before she purchased hard wood floors. While my office staff (Wife) was working on removing her from the list she also explained that we do Tile & Grout , and furniture cleaning. The customer says , you do furniture cleaning? of course we do , then she asked to be kept on the mailing list.

Two weeks later I was at her house to clean her furniture , she had very large are rugs in every room on every hard wood floor , I also cleaned those rugs that day LMAO .

and you probably made more $ on those area rugs then you did from the carpeting that used to be there :)

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

hogjowl

Idiot™

But, she didn't mention your corner guards, you hack?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
We try to rotate the services carpet,tile, furniture. Everyone is different, some customers never even pay attention to their carpet. But that kitchen floor drives them crazy...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom