"You must be making a fortune"

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think you have to politely respond to the comment. "I'm trying. Its not always easy but on day at a time." If they continue you, "I put most of it back into the business. I'm glad it shows".

Keep it positive. They could be your next Cheerleaders.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
“What other people think of me is none of my business”.

Google that quote. Dr. Wayne Dwyer has a great perspective on it.

But anyone in recovery or al anon (recovery for family, friends, or loved ones of Addicts) would be also be familiar with. This where it originates.

It make sense. Easy to say, but like most things can be so hard to do.

My truth, is that Life is much more peaceful when I apply this concept. Some days I’m better at that than others.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt, Good thread, Everyone sees the success, few see the struggle. I'm very selective of my friends now. Losing everything and building myself back up was (and is) a very eye opening lesson for me.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yep...and we are super busy so we want to make sure we keep bringing the best equipment, Chems and innovation to all our clients.

(if you are going to charge a Mercedes Benz price, you better show up with a Mercedes Benz type rig in the drive is my other thought too)

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Matt, Good thread, Everyone sees the success, few see the struggle. I'm very selective of my friends now. Losing everything and building myself back up was (and is) a very eye opening lesson for me.
what happened to you? That caused you to wear tin foil hats and socks in bath?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

I wipe the sweat off my brow and ask them if they know anyone looking for a job because it's killing me to try and keep with everything.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The only love of my life is my dog.

7554C6D1-CE7D-4124-B906-915DE246DBAC.jpeg

Name
Bruce
I would think that you would want others to think that you are making money , that gives them a sense of security. I was in a house cleaning for about 2 hours , give the guy a $220 invoice. He looked at me and said , "Nobody is worth $200 an hour" "not even me and I'm a Doctor" before he finished saying doctor I said to him , you should have picked a more profitable career. I could see the steam coming out of his ears.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would think that you would want others to think that you are making money , that gives them a sense of security. I was in a house cleaning for about 2 hours , give the guy a $220 invoice. He looked at me and said , "Nobody is worth $200 an hour" "not even me and I'm a Doctor" before he finished saying doctor I said to him , you should have picked a more profitable career. I could see the steam coming out of his ears.
People always have the mistaken opinion that what the carpet cleaner is charging is what they put in their pocket at the end of the day. They don't take into consideration all of our overhead. Sometimes, it helps if you can educate them a little.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

The funny thing about doctors are most are in debt up the their ears from school unless they're a trust fund kid who got all of their schooling paid for. Also, a lot of doctors make a starting base salary of around 190k a year unless they're a specialty doctor like plastic surgery or something. While 190k a years sounds great, 10-15 years of schooling and probably close to 500k in dept means they're not really making any money until their late 20's early 30's. You could start a business at 20 and make more before they do.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
That doc is an idiot... The account that i clean for is high end dentist...generates 120k to 300k per day with his team....

People do not understand that pay rate does not mean take home pay...

hogjowl

Idiot™

Your math is bad
Change your story

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Most people who know me know I have a particular saying that would answer that statement. “Nothing is too good for The Saints of a God”!! Nothing:biggrin:

Everyday’s Saturday, and everyday’s payday:biggrin:

Name
Steve Lawrence
The window sounds great and maybe it will force some techs to watch what they're doing and slow down. Too bad that this approach may cost the company--but mainly in the short run until the thrilled customers get the word out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom