You must try 4 to the DOOR!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I know this is soooo last year, but I wanted to say that I officially tried it out today, after understanding it in theory. I must say that the vacuum increase is very impressive on my Maxx470.

Here is what I noticed the most. The airflow is much increased, its almost hard to hear and it hurts my ears. Even the bare vacuum hose is loud, I collapsed a cuff end today, and that isn't easy to do with a 47 blower.

Also, it was a lot harder to push the wand, even with a glide. It bit down hard, this was plush nylon carpet on all my jobs. The vacuum at 100 and 150 feet is more than 50ft of just 2inch off the truck.

When running a high flow wand like I am, sometimes the airflow doesn't snap right back after lifting the wand off the carpet with just 2", you can hear the machine evacuating the water out of the hose. Not so with 4 to the door. It never budges at all, its just SUCK all the time.

I am mega happy. Its obviously a pain in the butt to setup, but I will probably see myself going to all 2.5" hose next year with a 25' whip of 2"...

R

R W

So...your saying run 2 - 2inch vac's to the door, and run off of that??

Rex Tyus

I am mega happy. Its obviously a pain in the butt to setup, but I will probably see myself going to all 2.5" hose next year with a 25' whip of 2"...

I would say that is a safe bet. 2 2" gets old pretty quick. Thankfully Green Glides now have some really cool upgrades to make the switch smooth.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Yes, 2 2" hoses to the door. You can get a "quick" setup at homedepot with general plumbing just to try it out. Of course, you'll see that your gonna want to get the goods.

Mikey P

Administrator
If you think thats impressive you should try my V with it's three 2" into one 2.5 with one fifty foot length straight to the wand.

We do a lot wool rugs this way.

POW!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
You know the vanifold, why could a 2 wander guy not add just one more 2" hose and use that setup?

Also, who is going to step and get a good filter box. I was thinking, if people could make them for HM and PC, so you can just use your existing basket? just an idear...

Mikey P

Administrator
Kevin Bunce said:
You know the vanifold, why could a 2 wander guy not add just one more 2" hose and use that setup?

Also, who is going to step and get a good filter box. I was thinking, if people could make them for HM and PC, so you can just use your existing basket? just an idear...

Could possibly underwhelm a smaller blower...

Who knows?

The Vanifold works with the V tanks due to the Vortex effect in the tank. Pulling from the 3 "corners" is the trick.

We'll be doing some serious comparisons at MF with my set up and the new five inch port design.

Greenie

truckmount girl said:
It's a mad, mad world!

I can't wait to see where the performance levels are 5 years from now!

Take care,
Lisa

We'll be dual wanding off of a #2 blower and elec. motor....and laughing at all the "smokers" running 65hp money pits. :lol:

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Will the #2 blower mount on that zipper wand?
action-smiley-025.gif

TimP

I have to say I have tried it with my CDS 4.8 and it is quite a pain to set up. However I don't hear the machine sounding different it does give a good bit more bite with the wand and does give a louder sound of vacuum at the wand too. There is much less restriction on the HG gage so you know it's not all in your head. Anyway I do agree everyone should try it if interested and decide to get into 2.5 hose if they like it.

FastEddie

I don't see why its such a pain for 4 to the door. Unwind the hoses hook the two up to the "Y" at the truck and walk both hoses to the door together. Wow, a whole minute of extra hassle.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Will have my new dual 2.5 port set up in a pix hopefully tonight...

Rest of pics on Monday or Tuesday...

Rex Tyus

I don't see why its such a pain for 4 to the door. Unwind the hoses hook the two up to the "Y" at the truck and walk both hoses to the door together. Wow, a whole minute of extra hassle.

It is not just the set up time. You have to insure the hoses maintain identical position to reduce the risk of performance loss. Nothing is wrong with 2 2" hoses y'd. But with 2.5" hose you can run it into the house more comfortably, continuing to reduce the amount of cfm robing 2" hose to the wand. Again it is only a preference but for me it is well worth the modest cost to upgrade. Not to mention the additional benefit from the sweeping 90 port. But I have a high CFM low lift tolerance unit. Result may vary.

FastEddie

"You have to insure the hoses maintain identical position to reduce the risk of performance loss"

I don't know if that would really have any noticable difference in performance unless one hose was severely out of wack.

Yeah I hear ya on the 2.5. Why stop at the door? That makes sense.

Rex Tyus

I guess that would depend on the size of the blower

Nope. It depends more on how long your hoses will be in that spot. Air is like everything else it takes the path of least resistance. If one of the two hoses are out of balance one hose will flow more air than the other. We can disagree with the laws of physics, but they are still laws.

Imagine a toothpick getting lodge on one side of the Y. What will happen?

TimP

Well for me it's a pain to have to drag out the extra hose, remove the couplers and when winding it up install them back into both sides and they don't just pop in you have to really push and wiggle them. In fact I didn't feel like it this morning and just did a regular 100 ft run. Unless the job is big I'm not running 4 or unless I have to run 150 ft cause It saves me time on dry strokes at 150 cause I don't like how the cds dries at 150 and I do extra dry strokes without 4 to the door. Yeah the difference is noticeable but as long as it dries in less than 6 hours I'm not going to do much more effort if it's a small job.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
FastEddie said:

I timed it today, and it takes about 3.5 minutes extra to setup, and tear down the 4 to the door. thats about 800 minutes a year, thats a full days worth of work plus some.

R

R W

I been thinking of maybe.....a set of 4" drain pipes to the door. Pull 'em apart and stack 'em!

My son works at a machine shop. I'll have him make me an adaptor for the Genesis lid with a smooth bore elbow of SS welded to a plate that will mount over the existing openings.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I wonder if that is why me Thermal Wave would suck a little more out of one hose, one whip was a little shorter then the other

I think I will try 2, 2.5" to the door

man that sounds crazy

Name
steve snail
Grennie,

You make one of those smooth bore elbow of SS welded to a plate that will mount over the existing openings for the El Diablo?

Greenie

Check it and see if the diablo is close to what we make....we currently make dual elbows that are 4" from center to center, and a set that is 4.5" center to center.

You gonna dual wand?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
when I get a new rig, it'll have 2.5" all the way with a 2" whip, probably 50', maybe less.

Currently running 3" to the door, 3" abs plumbing to the tank. The wand whistles through the holed glide pretty good at 100' . Was just wondering how it would whistle if I put the wand on the end of the 50' of 3" :shock: Be a bugger to work with but the airflow would scream!

AS for filter box, I see that Les is working on a prototype to fit the 2.5" hose.

Name
steve snail
The green one says,

Check it and see if the diablo is close to what we make....we currently make dual elbows that are 4" from center to center, and a set that is 4.5" center to center.

You gonna dual wand?

No dual wanding in my future. Was under the impression that having the curved vs 90 degree elbows makes for better vacuum efficiency. The 2" ports on top of the Diablo waste tank are 6.25" on centers. I use 2, 3' 2" leads Y'd to the 2.5".

Thanks,
Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom