you north easterners

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
got your snow shovels ready??
You're gonna get DUMPED on, eh?

Have you already canceled your jobs for today and weekend? (if applicable)

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Phred and Crowely will get to build some cool snow forts with the kids this weekend .
Donno if Goomer has kids to build snow mens with

..L.T.A.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
all ready for it here, plenty of gas in stock for snowblower and generator if needed. 2 vans and 1 car in garage and other car can suck it up:lol:

Had a commercial job in boston on saturday but brought it forward to last night so we're done till monday.

Fred and I are in the potential 2 to 3 foot area and greg is near the ocean so he may not get as much but could have hurricane force wind to go with the snow.

So lets bring it on:very_drunk:

I have a 5 and 3 year old who are really excited about all this snow:rockon:

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

spotman123

Name
Wayne foster
Same here as terry, done til Monday. Saw the storm coming days ago and just did not book fri-sun. You can never have enough food stored up.

F

FB7777

Got my vans and my wife's mini van tucked into the garage and my Jeep at the end of the driveway.

Snowblower filled , extra fuel for heaters and generator.

Should have been smart like Terry and moved my Saturday work up, instead I have to go out on Sunday.

I hope Crowley has an extra tarp for his treehouse

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Hang in there fellas ! Keep the kids warm y'all .....

Man how much fun to have no worries and be a kid again with 3 feet of snow on the ground!

Pictures Please

Chris

bigchuckie

2 reschedules for Sunday hopefully I put the van in the garage and pulled out the plow truck Snowshovels arent gonna do much for this storm

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cool
Hopefully the power stays on for all and no trees fall
If so, Terry has a plan...it'll be great playday Sunday

..L.T.A.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Phred and Crowely will get to build some cool snow forts with the kids this weekend .
Donno if Goomer has kids to build snow mens with

..L.T.A.

3 little kids and one big one :rockon: prepped and excited to go out the morning.
Really lucky so far, only about 5-6 inches...starting to really pick up now, might end up with a foot, maybe a few inches depending on the banding. More than enough to have some fun.
We seem to be on the western edge of the big numbers. Everything east of NYC getting absolutely hammered. They are talking 5-6 inch per hour bands radiating from this storm with 60+ mph winds.
Those are ridiculous numbers.
BAston looks fooked.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Just saw some pics from Al Sim's facebook. He had snow up to his waist, and all the roads are closed. Gonna get warmer there in the next few days and all the snow is going to melt, and will probably bring in a lot of flooding in those areas.

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
Got about 6 to 8 ins. here in Toms River New Jersey, But I don't care I live in one of Gods waiting rooms they do all the shoveling for you.

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Hard to tell exactly how much we got because of all the drifting due to extremely high winds. Somewhere around 26-28 inches +/- around Sebago Lake. Portland about 25 miles South as the crow flies got over 30 and set a new snowfall record. Everything closed up Friday early afternoon and just about everything is still closed except for a few gas stations/convenience stores serving coffee/food for plow truck drivers, police, etc.

Sadly there was a house fire and the place burned to the ground because the fire department couldn't get down the street.

Fortunately we haven't lost power. Picked up some Red Box movies and munchies and have been making snow forts with my two sons 7 and 9. It's been a lot of fun actually!

Temperature is dropping now into the single digits and winds are starting to kick up again. Threw a log on the wood stove, kicking back and watching the Walking Dead marathon.. probably thaw out around midnight..:smile:

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Hard to tell exactly how much we got because of all the drifting due to extremely high winds. Somewhere around 26-28 inches +/- around Sebago Lake. Portland about 25 miles South as the crow flies got over 30 and set a new snowfall record. Everything closed up Friday early afternoon and just about everything is still closed except for a few gas stations/convenience stores serving coffee/food for plow truck drivers, police, etc.

Sadly there was a house fire and the place burned to the ground because the fire department couldn't get down the street.

Fortunately we haven't lost power. Picked up some Red Box movies and munchies and have been making snow forts with my two sons 7 and 9. It's been a lot of fun actually!

Temperature is dropping now into the single digits and winds are starting to kick up again. Threw a log on the wood stove, kicking back and watching the Walking Dead marathon.. probably thaw out around midnight..:smile:

What a great story Bill ! Even Makes us Southern Boys smile :clap:
My Wife would absolutely love to visit Maine, hopefully I am able to fullfill this Dream of hers one day.
Thought about a Coastal Storm Vacation actually. They say it's the Bomb!!

Keep em Warm an Dry SnowBird!
Chris

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
C'mon up any time Chris... We can go out for a couple Maine Micro-brews, Steamers, fried clams, scallops and a Lobster roll that will knock your socks off!!!!
Bring a fly rod if you fish too. Friend of mine knows a place where you can't miss getting a nice sized brook trout that will put of a fight like a Marlin..

It's storms like this my wife says she want's to move South where it's warmer.. grass is always greener, right?! :hopeless:

Be safe, y'all.
Bill

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Much appriciated good sir!
Sounds like her story buddy.
Tell the wife we have been known to get hammered here as well, a lil further south isn't too bad.
Weather patterns HAVE changed.

Keep em dry
Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom