Your estimate/ inspection sheet/ pre-letter / thank you card

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What do you got? What is your general focus on each document? Liability? Ease of use? Feel good for the customer? Additional Sales? Value building? (price justification)

I will post my old invoice for ya'll to look at. I am changing it because it just took too long to fill out.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Re: Your estimate/ inspection sheet/ pre-letter / thank you

Are you still doing this stuff for them off the clock at home ?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

Always. Can't do office work on overtime, can't pull 40 hours in the winter if there isn't enough carpet cleaning to justify my time. If I do it when I'm allowed to it never gets done.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

geeze....buy a TM already

"Gar's Clean 'n Disco World"

..L.T.A.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

I hope you're at least making 45k a year.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

No, but just today I was told to take whatever I'm getting paid, cut it in half and double it.

It is what it is. I'm not the only person who doesn't get paid enough and has to take work home sometimes. At least I have a job that has been steady for the past five years and it pays more than I have ever made doing anything else before. Granted all I have done is restaurant work before. I think I am going to have to finally finish high school though. With all this talk about how I need to get fired for my crappy attitude I better have a GED and a polished resume.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

You're burnt out brotha. thathurts

Only reason I said 45k. If you guys are grossing 150k, 45k puts you @ 30% of the gross(what Harper pays, and reasonable). If you guys are doing more than 150k.... well then, I think you know what I'd say after this

Gary - You're a smart dude with a lot of drive, you know what hard work is, and can do it. Don't do anything real stupid like I did because of what I'm saying, and up and quit, keep the paycheck coming as long as you can. But at the same time try and not let your attitude and stress hurt their business and put you on bad terms with them. I hope your DJ/Entertainment business takes off for you soon. If you decide to stay in the carpet cleaning business, keep in mind there are folks here that will help you in that journey.

Just looking from the outside in, it appears the owners are having you do a lot work their efforts should be used on. Branding, marketing, policies and procedures, ect. I know your restoration side is the bread and butter for that company, and their efforts are probably more focused there. If you had more quality time to go out and get the work instead of doing this administrative crap, you could build value to getting a higher paycheck.

Your lack of response from folks here is probably pretty simple. Most are sitting here watching you bust your ass for peanuts, you're already doing the majority of the stuff you could be doing for your own company(aside from the accounting portion), or a business that would pay you more.

If they're talking about canning you, and your gut is telling you to finish school, and get ready to move on, I think it'd be wise to follow in that direction. Keep doing what you have to for a paycheck, but begin to move on with class, integrity, and most of all, your own dignity. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but you know we've both talked about this in the past, do whats best for you and your wife Gary. I'm sure others here would offer the same/similar advice.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

Thanks Steven.

I think was burnt out describes it better. I am excited to take things in a new direction and I can tell that it is being noticed because I have started getting random bonuses again like when I first started out at this company. Not much, a few hundred or so every 2 or 3 checks but I know that is an emotional decision for the owner. (not all people but him in general) It is a good indicator of whether or not he feels good about me working for him. For the time being, I am good. After some of the talk a few months ago though I know not to count on anything and I should finish high school seeing as my 10 year reunion is coming up soon.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

high school shmigh skool.... :roll:

a GED is a piece of paper that pret' near any retard can get

"education/knowledge" for the application(s) coupled with ambition/motivation is what's needed
a GED won't help a bit in how to set up sound for the room acoustics , nor how to get a kool-aid stain out, or run a biz

targeted "practical" to the tasks education/knowledge is what's needed
not a gEneRAl eQuivALencY dEEplOma that shows you know as much as a typical 8th grader.....

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC

I got sent home from an interview at the bank for not having the piece of paper. It opens more options. It dodges the why did you never get it question.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick

Give it up Hoody!! :shock: Been trying to tell Gary for years that he needs to start his own business! :roll: For whatever reason, Gary seems to think that he owes his boss something. !dork! Go check out SBA Gary! You don't need a hs diploma to own a business! You do have the knowledge, and you went to SFS (which is a big plus), and you have a local distributor there that can set you up in a van and machine!

I know that I went through a leasing company for my first machine. was it worth it? I think so!
Good luck Gary!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Doug D said:
Been trying to tell Gary for years that he needs to start his own business! !

yep
beats the hell out of GED and bank teller job for ten bucks an hour
(cause without a COLLEGE degree, he won't advance any farther than the satellite drive thru window)

'Dink is another one that needs to break out of his fUnk

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

The challenge with many employees coming on the bb is that the vast majority of people here are OO and in many cases got into carpet cleaning as a survival method after losing a job or employed by one and then went on their own. 90+ % of the population works for someone else and in many cases make more than small owner operator businesses. I have a few employees whose compensation plan exceeds 100k, and dozens that are 75k plus. This is in Detroit.

Gary has made it clear over and over he is not going to start his own carpet cleaning business and keeps putting himself out there try to learn. Give the guy a break and help him the way he wants.

Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom